Our trip was for a sporting event in Blackburn. We decided to make it a two night weekend break.
We had recently stayed at the Preston South Holiday Inn Express, not far away, with which we were very impressed and which made us familiar with the standard for this part of the IHG chain.
We were equally impressed.
Location. Just off J10 of the M65, along a quiet no through road- you can see the hotel from the motorway. Not attached to a service station.
We could hear no motorway road nosie, although our room was on the north side.
This proved a great base for touring the vicinity- Pendle Hill, Haworth and Bronte Country, Hebden Bridge, as well as Blackburn for the footie.
Check in was simple and efficient.
I previously joined the Priority Club- free- which may make things easier.
Plenty of free parking spaces.
Our room was first floor facing north- views of Pendle Hill over the car park.
The room was spotless and has kettle and complementary tea/coffee.
The bathroom wa very compact with a triptych mirror (easier for shaving!) .
Shower cubicle- no bath. Controls easy to use.
Separate toilet inside bathroom with own door- not seen this before.
Air conditioning easy to work and worked fine.
My wife could not get comfy and to be honest this was not convincing.
May just be our one.
Choice of soft and firm pillows good.
Complementary wi-fi in public area and in room.Also wired internet in room.
One of my yardsticks- I continue to rail against being charged for internet connection.
There is a desktop PC in reception- did not use this but I believe it is complementary. Not sure if it is linked to a printer (eg flight boarding cards).
There are no restaurants within reasonable walking distance, so the choice is to drive out or use the hotel restaurant. We did this on the first night. Usual fairly basic menu but perfectly acceptable. Prices OK - order food from the bar whose prices also hotel rather than pub but again not outrageous.
Breakfast. Our rate was inclusive of Continental breakfast.
I saw previous comments about the range of breakfast available ie no bacon.
It was true that bacon did not appear to occupy the space provided on the hotplates. Strange, as it did at the HIE at Preston South, just a few miles back along the M65.
Anyway the Continental breakfast spread was fine, and the sausages which are provided make a good toasted sandwich!
There is plenty choice of food to ensure a good start, but HIE may wish to ensure that this discrepancy between locations is resolved, one way or the other!
I would recommend this Holiday Inn Express.
All of the staff are friendly and helpful, and make you feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Burnley M65 J10 has 102 self contained modern bedrooms which all come equipped with direct dial phones, high speed internet access , 26' LCD TVs, Freeview, satellite TV, blockbuster in-room pay movies, tea & coffee facilities, air conditioning and power showers. The Holiday Inn Express Burnley has 4 up to date dedicated meeting rooms equipped with high-speed Internet access, tea & coffee facilities, LCD screens with direct data connection, natural daylight and air conditioning. At the Holiday Inn Express Burnley a complimentary Continental breakfast is included for all guests, a limited evening menu is available. Burnley s countryside is a living mosaic of woods, farmland and waterways with over four hundred kilometers of cycleways, bridleways and footpaths leading from the South Pennine Moors to the Calder and Ribble Valleys in the shadow of Pendle Hill.Please note: this is a non smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Burnley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Burnley Hotel Burnley
- Holiday Inn Express Burnley Lancashire