“Last drop is a flop” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bromley Cross
London, United Kingdom
“Last drop is a flop”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The rooms are not so much tired as suffering from Chronic fatigue syndrome. Dirty walls, stained carpet, mouldy windows, non stop running loo, aged décor and shabby furniture. To add insult to injury and make the bedroom even more gloomy you have to close the curtains at all times otherwise everyone walking past can see in to the room. Why not fit a semi sheer blind?
Communal areas within the hotel were marginally better but the walkways to the outside two tier courtyard rooms (think Crossroads Motel) were screaming out for a coat of paint and a scrub down.
It might also be an idea to sweep up the cigarette butts littering the outside areas.
Someone please take pity on this poor neglected and outdated hotel and put it (and us) out of its misery.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the two tier courtyard rooms outside the main building
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Raceytoes

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with your recent visit to us.

We take all our guest feedback very seriously and will look to make improvements where we can.

Whilst we do have certain challenges because of the age and layout of the hotel we work very hard in all area's to ensure our guests enjoy their stay.

Should you wish to return to the hotel again please make contact with me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation for you and look to make sure you are allocated in one of our executive rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

h6634-om@accor.com

687 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stay for one night at this spa, the rooms hark back to the 80,s and really needs some money throwing at it . Breakfast was cold and disjointed , half in one room half in another , staff were very nice but all the medieval look to the complex gave it a feel of being on a theme park resort without the rides. It also cost us £109 for bnb for one night :-/ too much .

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Woodgnome10

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We appreciate all our guests comments and will always look for ways to make improvements to our guest experience where we can.

As you have mentioned our property is an old traditional property and whilst it may not be to every ones taste it is a unique property offering not just a hotel but a Village with shops and also our Spa.

I'm pleased you found our team to be friendly and can only ask that should you be visiting the area in the future please e mail me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation.

Once again thank you for your time.

h6634-om@accor.com
wakefield, west yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

stayed for our mothers 70th birthday
Would go again although its not cheap!
Spa is nice, lovely view from swimming pool
Rooms were nice and spacious although need some updating
Food was very nice...
Bar was always very busy :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear emb1981

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought the hotel was lovely and I can assure you that our pricing is in line with hotels and restaurants within our market. We try and run special offers where we can to offer further value for money and as I'm sure you'll be aware the cost to purchase our products has risen alongside that of our consumer.

I do hope this will not put you off returning to us in the future.

oldham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

stayed on the 27/09/13 at the last drop in Bolton.Our friends booked this hotel several weeks earlier to attend a reception. We were given a room in the courtyard outside whilst our friends were given a room in the main block. Very disappointed with the booking staff siting us so far apart after booking early.
The rooms in the courtyard area are strange in that people going to and from their rooms look into any other room when passing ,thus the curtains have to be shut at all times to maintain privacy.
Bar prices very expensive for the area , £4.00 per pint and £3.85 for 175mm glass of wine.
Breakfast was good but the room was very crammed with tables making access to the food areas difficult.
Room prices expensive at £74.00 per room when they cannot find two rooms together.
Overall an average experience but wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: courtyard nice but rooms exposed to view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Giggyb

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay.

We work very hard to ensure our guests all leave us happy and on this occasion I'm sorry you didn't however should you be visiting the area in future please do contact me on h6634-om@accor.com and I will oversee your booking personally.

Once again many thanks and Kind Regards

Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having stayed in Perth and Tobermory (see reviews) this hotel was very disappointing but thankfully it was a one night stay on the way to Scotland and the same when returning. The room on the outward journey was shabby and in need of decorating. The TV did not work properly and the beds could have been more comfortable. The duvet was wafer thin, it was like having a piece of paper over you! The room on the way back was smarter but the beds had the same issues, The fan in the bathroom in the second room was extremely loud, we could even hear the fan in the bedroom next door!
Getting to the first room was not easy and we are both very fit and able! There were steps outside that were uneven and there was no handrail, then there was a wooden outside stairway with a rail only on one side, when these were wet they were positively dangerous!
The breakfast on both occasions was average. The evening meal on the outward journey was again average although the veg was poor as was one of the desserts. The fruit salad was an apple with all of two grapes! The second evening meal was terrible, the look was enough to put you off!
Generally the staff were not approachable, there was an exception at morning breakfast prior to 7am. Not a place to recommend.

29 September 2013

Room Tip: Not applicable as no one on coach had a really good room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear David H

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay and I can assure you we take all
our guests feedback seriously as we strive to achieve our high level of service.

Here at the hotel we do face some challenges with our bedrooms however I am delighted to share that we will soon be replacing all our beds and mattresses so should you be visiting the area in the future please do contact me directly on h6634-om@accor.com and I gladly ensure you are allocating in one of our executive rooms at no extra charge.

Please be assured I will share your comments with my team who I'm sure will use them constructively.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We recently got married in Cyprus, I decided to book the spa retriever package for my husband and I to stay after our UK reception. I received an email confirming our booking and I also called and confirmed the booking for two people. I informed them it was our wedding reception and asked for a special room, disappointed doesn't even come close, what an absolute dump. Apparently it was an 'executive' room, the decor was shocking and our view was of a brick wall. We weren't even asked if we wanted any help carrying our things to the room and the place is a bloody maze, not even sign posted. We are a young married couple, not people that spend our time moaning about hotels but I cannot believe how badly we were ripped off!! Some of our friends paid money onto our room as a wedding present and we weren't even informed!! How exactly how you supposed to enjoy something like that if someone doesn't even inform you?! They STILL didn't even tell us until we asked!! There was one person working on reception at check out time and a huge queue. We called when we returned home after checking we hasn't made a mistake with the cost and were waiting over ten minutes to be answered. Terrible service, terrible hotel thanks for putting a dampner on such a special occasion you idiots.

Stayed September 2013
Dear Paul & Lauren

It is with disappointment that I read your comments following your recent stay with us.

As I have explained in my response to you over direct e mail there are lots of ways in which accommodation is paid for and on this occasion my team were instructed that you will have been told who had paid and therefore they did not need to tell you.

We use all our guest feedback constructively therefore thank you for taking the time to bring it to my attention and please accept our apologies for your disappointment.

Regards
Operations Manager

Been to Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!