The rooms are not so much tired as suffering from Chronic fatigue syndrome. Dirty walls, stained carpet, mouldy windows, non stop running loo, aged décor and shabby furniture. To add insult to injury and make the bedroom even more gloomy you have to close the curtains at all times otherwise everyone walking past can see in to the room. Why not fit a semi sheer blind?
Communal areas within the hotel were marginally better but the walkways to the outside two tier courtyard rooms (think Crossroads Motel) were screaming out for a coat of paint and a scrub down.
It might also be an idea to sweep up the cigarette butts littering the outside areas.
Someone please take pity on this poor neglected and outdated hotel and put it (and us) out of its misery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 star hotel is a collection of 18th century farmhouses with 128 rooms, located on the edge of the Pennine Moors. Ideal for visiting Haydock Racecourse, Chester Zoo or the nearby Ribble Valley. 25 min from Manchester city centre and close to major road networks. Self contained conference centre accommodating up to 700 delegates. Courtyard Restaurant, Courtyard bar, Tea Shop, and Spa Naturel including indoor pool, technogym, sauna and beauty rooms. 24 hour room service, free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel Bolton
- Last Drop Village Bolton
- Last Drop Hotel Bolton
- Accor Last Drop Village Hotel