Definitely a solid choice for a Whitstable hotel. It has a great location.and the staff are decent. The pub/restaurant downstairs is probably the highlight with a great selection of local beers at reasonable prices. Our seaview room was large and bright
One thing that was annoying- there are about 4 'Please do not smoke' signs between the reception and the rooms on the first floor! This does not create a warm or welcoming impression and feels like you're being nagged- if people are going to break the rules they will do it whether there is one sign or four!! Sort out the presentation!
Other than this it's a good hotel overall and the winter-time prices are great-value.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.