Stayed at Hotel Continental on a business trip for three days. When I saw the website I thought it looked nice and was looking forward to staying.
When I arrived I was told I was staying in room 19 and was offered help with my luggage but I kindly refused as felt I could manage. When i opened my room I was far from pleased, the room was so tiny, it was basically a small box room. The window overlooked some rusty steel stair cases and I believe was close to the kitchen as I heard alot of dishes clanging as if someone was washing up constantly. My clothes were to be hung on a hook on the wall, no wardrobe! The bed was so uncomfy that I had to double up the duvet to get a comfier sleep. The shower was also very poor, not very strong and basically dribbled out. No coffee/tea or any welcome refreshments. I asked if I could move rooms but they yound lady on reception said I would need to change rooms everynight as they were pretty full. I didnt feel that she was very helpful at all or even attempted to see what was available.
Breaksfast didnt start until 7.30am which I unfortunately missed as left early around 7am for work.
I would definately not go back to this hotel, this is the first comment I have ever left on here but felt the need to.
I believe the hotel room was £80.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.