Have stayed in both the Hotel and one of the Fishermans' huts with a sea view on separate occasions. My main points from both stays are as follows:
- Location. A great base to explore Whitstable with beautiful views over the Thames Estuary.
- Very impressed with the beers from the Whitstable Oyster Company-owned microbrewery.
- Took advantage of the (now expired) Winter Weekend deal which offered good value.
- The fridges in the huts are generously stocked
- Hotel room was freezing cold when we arrived.
- With the exception of one young waitress the service was generally cold and pretentious.
- Caught food poisoning during one stay (dodgy oyster perhaps), but to be fair this may not have been the Hotel's fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent