“Excellent Indian food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Glasgow
“Excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

New Indian restaurant in Whitstable on the High Street, lovely flavoursome dishes and very reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly. I would highly recommend a visit if you enjoy Indian cuisine.

Visited October 2012

kent
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

just got back from having 16th birthday meal with my family excellent service food and very clean staff very attentive and were very helpful with decorating the table and bringing out the cake we supplied thank you to all your staff.resonable prices.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwickshire
“Ongoing Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'd be reviewing our last visit, where we were greeted like friends as has been the case every time we return. We return often, we're going there again tonight. I'm currently starving myself as much as possible throughout the day to make sure I do it justice!

I'm planning to try the paneer starter tonight, I keep eyeing it up on the menu, but I've not tried it.

We like the place so much that we asked them about hiring the whole thing for my other half's Xmas do. Seems very likely it will be accepted by his workplace since he recommended it, so did two other people who work there (sounds vaguely impressive till you factor in that it's a small company with just six employees... 50% of your workforce demanding the same place is more accurate of the devoted regulars the place has.

I've been making a point of telling locals how good it is. Often it looks empty, which has deterred people from going in there. Yes it is empty sometimes, but the phones are ringing off the hook with delivery orders every time I've been there. Tells you something :)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Star of Bengal is a really lovely place. We moved to Whitstable in late 2011 and since then have been making it our business to try out all the Indian restaurants in town - we haven't visited them all yet! Of the 5 or 6 we have visited so far, Star of Bengal is our favourite, with a noticeably higher quality than most. We've been twice so far and will be returning often. The prices are good, the food is really delicious, and the service is great too. The room is small and pleasant and there's a nice atmosphere. Food we have enjoyed there includes marinated paneer starter; excellent tandoori chicken; excellent vegetarian main dishes. House wine is fine too. It's a lovely place!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Probably Best Indian in Whitstable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We went for our Jubilee lunch in the Star of Bengal, which makes it our third visit since it opened a few months ago - and it's even better! For a start, it's by far the most reasonably-priced Indian restaurant in the area, and that includes Canterbury. That wouldn't mean much if the food wasn't so good - and it is...... everything is freshly-made, portions are generous, the menu has quite a number of items I haven't seen elsewhere - try the Chef's North Indian Special: Wow! - and the servce is lovely. I agree there aren't sufficient Indian desserts, but I'm going to pop into tomorrow and have a word with the owner/manager - a lovely guy who runs a lovely restaurant. BTW, the lunch special is amazing value.

Visited June 2012