“A great Italian welcome with superb food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“A great Italian welcome with superb food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have been thinking about visiting this restaurant since one of my daughters told me that she had enjoyed an evening there. I should have paid this great restaurant a visit before. I have missed months of great food! We booked a table for four persons but then had to up that by another two and a small child of three. Not a problem when we phoned to change our reservation or when some of the party arrived late. Our party was certainly spread across all ages with a thee year old up to my 92 year old father in-law. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was SUBLIME and the service good. We all enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Thank You. We will be back many times - that is, if we can get a table!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London
“Short Trip to Whitstable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We booked this for a Friday as we thought it would be very popular. In fact there were only 8 other customers. The problem is this restaurant is too far from the centre of Whitstable, its a good 30 minute walk from the Town centre. The service was good and inside was fine. The food was okay but quite expensive for its location. We paid £5 for bread and olives ( £2.50 for some pieces of bread and £2.50 for a few olives). I think you could find better value for your money in the centre of town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Herne, United Kingdom
“Family night out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This happened to be our first wedding anniversary and we took our 3 children along with us to enjoy a night out. This restaurant had been recommended by friends.
So, a family of 5 with kids aged 13,11 and 9.
First of all we noticed that there was a specials board that we were not shown.
A plate with a bowl of olives (nice) and some oil/balsamic with bread are brought to the table. Nice warm bread but it looked like one slice cut into 6 or 7 chunks. Hmmm, 1 slice does not go far among 5.
My wife and I had starters and they tasted great but my calamari was a bit on the small side. My wife had prawns in a tomato based sauce. There was too much sauce and no bread to accompany it.
Staff were very helpful and provided a half portion of very good bolognaise for our 9 year old and our girls really enjoyed their steaks, although a couple of small bits of roast potato on their plate and a plate of cabbage between 3 (menu said veg plural) was not what teenagers describe as a big meal.
The risotto was great as was the veal.
My wife's desert of fig tart was very nice indeed however the 3 chocolate fondants were all just puddles of chocolate goo on a plate that no chef should have let out of the kitchen to paying customers. The goo tasted very nice and the girls cleaned their plates but fondant it was not.
All in all it is a restaurant that could be really good but it disappointed and to cap it all the girls said they were hungry once we got home, which is not right after a meal in an Italian restaurant. Tonight was not value for money.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Whitstable, England, United Kingdom
“beautiful food and wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited Mucini restaurant with my husband , for the first time today . We had a wonderful Sunday lunch, I had sardines starter and lamb main which was delicious , my husband had meatball starter (best he's ever tasted) and salmon main also delicious. Service was spot on , Will definitely be eating there again , Thankyou :)

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“5* food, 5* service. It's a must.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully decorated, soft on the eye. Lovely friendly staff and owner. Felt like you were the most important person in the restaurant. Food was exquisite with wonderful flavours. I can't wait to go back again. So relaxed I didn't want to leave.

• Visited October 2013