“Quality weekend in Whitstable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitstable
Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast
You added Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
74 Joy Lane, Whitstable CT5 4DB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Whitstable B&B and Inns
london
“Quality weekend in Whitstable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I booked my weekend at Whitstable Bay Guest House through the website - calling the owner- Denise. She is a lovely person who welcome us with a smile. I was searching for nice b&b and the moment I saw the picture of the room as well as I have spoken to Denise I know this is going to be good place to stay. As a frequent traveler I know what I would expect from b&b and the Bay Guest House tickes all boxes. The b&b is located on Joy Lane - in residential area just 10 min walk from the centre - high street where you get all restaurants, shops and 5 min walk from the beach ( via shortcut). The guest house is a well presented villa with an off street parking. As the car parking in Whitstable can be sometimes an issue - the road are very narrow and parking space is limited + not fee of charde - unfortunatelly, I was very pleased with private parking just in front of the villa. Our room was located on the first floor. The bedroom offers: an en-suit shower room, a fantastic size double bedroom with king size double bed. The bed is so comfortable that cotton linen make you feel like sleeping in your own bed. The room is nicely decorated, carpeted throughout with double glazed window, central heating, great size wardrobe with full length mirror, a small table with 2 chairs - ideal for b-fast, TV, a double sofa, an iron board, wireless free internet. The bedroom and shower room were spotless. The highlate of our stay was actually the breakfast. For an extra £5 per person I got 2 slices of fresh toasted bread with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon + complimentary standard b-fast which includes, a cofee or tea of your choice, milk, musli or cornflakes, fresh fruits salad, two different jams, two fresh crossaint, butter, two fresh yoghurts, chilled water, an orange juice...it was just amazing. I like to eat propertly in the morning and this breakfast was just great start of the day. One night at Bay Guest House cost us £75 including b-fast. It is just one hour away from London. For a dinner I would recommend Whitstable Oyster Fishery, lunch - try Samphire - small restaurant on the high street. If word of mouth is what some places deserve -The Whitstable Bay Guest house is definitely one of those places. You will not feel dissapointed if you are looking for a quiet city break with short distance from London. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Langdon Hills Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

The greeting was the warmest you could wish for, our room was large, very clean and has everything you could want, the very helpful friendly landlady is eager to oblige with any reasonable request.
Breakfast arrived on a trolly outside our room at the time we asked and wish I had taken a photo-it really was a picture, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals of your choice, croissants jam & marmalade, orange juice, milk and fresh chilled water along with pot of coffee-absolutely perfect. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!