“not reccomended” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ye Olde Chequers Inn

Ye Olde Chequers Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tonbridge
Ye Olde Chequers Inn
You added Ye Olde Chequers Inn to your Saves list
122 High St., Tonbridge TN9 1AS, England   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Tonbridge B&B and Inns
rye east sussex
“not reccomended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I stayed at this pub/B&B as I was on a weekend course.The website described it as comfortable,internet access,&ensuite facilities.None of these were true.The room seemed not to have been cleaned for some time,there were cigarette ends behind the bed(could smell them)+ when Imoved out the bed to find where the smell was coming from,theend of the bed fell off!!The cupboard beneath the sink was also filthy,with old toiletries etc,& thedoor of the cupboard also fell off!After speaking to the manager,she said the room would be cleaned first thing next morning,but also intimated that I was responsible for furniture falling apart!She then "suggested" that I should leave,&promptly arranged for a rather large chap to stand by my room door,&escort me from the premises!I was also accused of describing the place as ahovel(not my words)to which I replied-I,ve stayed in better hovels than this.The pub looks quite oldy worldy on he outside,but,sadly has nothing to offer for even someone on a low budget.

• Liked — Had the sense to leave &find somewher more comrfotable
  • Disliked — Everything-absolutely nothing to reccomend about it &I have travelled a fair bit,but never been treated with such ignorance.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families

Been to Ye Olde Chequers Inn? Share your experiences!