“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Horley, UK
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

There are so many places to choose from in Tenterden, went here for lunch as we had walked past it before and also read the reviews on here. We sat outside and did wonder if the staff had seen us, we were the only people outside but they were making sure we had time to choose what we wanted.
Slight negative point that the board outside showed something that when ordering was sold out, this is only a small point though. The staff were great, very friendly and could not do enough to help. Good value food and very tasty, the quiche are quite small in our opinion, more like a tartlet. Going inside to pay, the interior is very nice and big too. If the weather is nice then the location just up from the main high street is perfect, as it's a bit quieter.

Visited May 2014

“Hidden gem in a town brimming with culinary choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Had the most delightful meal with my family here. Loved the relaxed, friendly atmosphere and the staff were so accommodating with my daughter. Her toddler meal was freshly made (as were all out meals ) and she devoured the chicken goujons! Such an extensive menu with a plethora of choices, presentation was fantastic and don't get me started on the simply sublime meringues, the lovely waitress even found us some strawberries and blueberries (off-menu) to have along side. I will most certainly be returning

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Tenterden Secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have visited this restaurant twice in three days, albeit only for afternoon drinks however the general ambience and attitude of the staff is very good. Menu was interesting and we will definitely be going back for a meal sometime. Service was prompt and prices more competitive than the likes of Costa etc. Food would appear to have better provenance as well.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Always on the look out for a decent local Sunday breakfast, we tried the newly refurbished Secret Pantry. I quite liked the fresh interior, though the table we had wobbled, it does feel more modern than the old Zest. I had the veggie breakfast, my husband the full English. I don't like tomatoes or beans so I asked for it without these, and I do think that when this is the case it's nice to be offered an extra egg or something, especially when you're paying quite a price. We also had a green tea and an English tea, these arrived promptly, followed by the food, minus any toast so I asked for this as it's included in the price. We'd mostly finished the breakfast when the toast arrived, one slice each, which I'm afraid seems a bit mean. The breakfast consisted of an overdone veggie sausage, 2 cheap, hard hash browns, a spoonful of mushrooms and a small egg. My husbands was similar, with some stone cold beans and bacon. The total cost was £17, too much for small portions of food that did not seem to be of the best quality. Very disappointed, expressed this to staff, and I'm afraid we probably won't be back, especially as looking at the lunch menu, sandwiches are over £5. I realise these are tough times for businesses, but this one could do better.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“mixed reveiw”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I came to visit the secret pantry on Saturday 1st March with some friends for lunch, we were welcomed pleasantly by a young waitress who very quickly took our order for our drinks and although the cafe was reasonably busy we soon received what we asked for. We felt the music set the atmosphere just perfect for some nice food and a catch up with friends, however after 20 mins after getting our drinks we were addressed by a waiter, as the waiter took our food order, he didn't write down what we was having, which soon affected our food. I received the wrong dish and when I asked him to change it, he sighed very rudely and asked again what I originally wanted. The food however was too enjoyable to complain about, I ate a cheese and ham omelette which was most enjoyable. I feel the food was very well cooked and presented the service was the only downfall. I will be visiting again most definitely, however I hope to be served by a different member of staff.

• Visited March 2014