“Lovely spa break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tenterden
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely spa break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I booked a two night spa break and agree with earlier reviews. The staff were fantastic, really friendly and the spa treatments I had were very good and reasonably priced. If I am to be honest the room I had was nice, though a little tired. The views of the golf course are amazing and so peaceful. I chose to have meals included, and cannot fault the choice or standard. I recommend the steak dinner. The pool, and sauna area were good, though be aware guests on offers cannot use the gym, it's reserved for members only. I will be returning and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are quiet and have amazing views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Deal, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I had a fabulous 1 night spa break in a wonderful 2 double bedded room. If you want a really relaxing break in a clean and friendly hotel, I can't recommend it highly enough. The view from the balcony over the golf course was stunning and I believe all rooms have a balcony. The 2 course evening meal (included in the price) was really good too. My daughter had a facial and got loads of really good advice from the therapist. The spa was perfect and we used it several times over the course of the 2 days. The 'women only' relaxation area with separate spa pool was great too. The spring offer was £130 for us both (room, breakfast and dinner). For that price we will be going again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Deal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had two days golf with my wife with an overnight stay. This included an evening meal, breakfast and two rounds of golf. The staff were helpfull and courteous. Good choice of food. The golf break was excellent value overall.

Room Tip: This is a small golf/spa hotel with 22 rooms. From what we saw all the rooms have a spectacular view...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Having read some of the previous reviews we booked a 2 night spa break here with a little trepidation. However, we have to disagree with those reviews. We found the welcome warm, the facilities clean and comfortable and the food truly phenomenal. The full English breakfast was hot and plentiful, using delicious local produce. But for me, it was the evening meal which impressed me most. On both evenings the main course was so beautifully presented it seemed a sin to deconstruct and actually eat it. I'm pleased to say the food tasted as good as it looked. The only small gripe was confusion in the spa as to where the used towels needed to go (if it had been explained at the start I'd have known what to do!), but that incident wasn't enough to stop me recommending this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the 2nd floor away from the boiler - lovely and quiet with a great view of th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dartford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed on 2nd August 2013 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
When we arrived we paid for a lunch which was lovely. However, the rest of our stay was very disappointing. The room was good, with a nice view over the golf course, but when we asked for a safe and suitable walk on it, we were advised against it - although we did take a short walk using the service road. The spa was average, and the massage pathetic but my wife did tell me that there was a lovely spa pool in the ladies changing room!!
However, the worst was yet to come! The evening dinner was awful - undercooked meat and overcooked vegetables - and the restaurant was almost empty - on a Friday night! That says it all. The restaurant next door was packed!
The experience was overpriced and very disappointing. Never again!
After the weekend, I did write a private e-mail to the hotel voicing my disappointment. However, as I did not receive a reply, I feel justified in writing this review.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms overlook the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The spa is a lovely facility and very quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nice with excellent views over the golf course.

The restaurant looks dull and old and the food was not good at all.

We had the chicken terrine which was bland and the duck which was cooked well but the dauphinois potatoes were non existent.

Would recommend the spa facilities but the overall stay was over priced and dissaponting.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Overpriced. Old food. Boring room. Good location only
They are very slow to respond. Smelly bathroom. receptionist not knowing what to do. Will never go. My friend said he also had negative feeling about it. Good pictures bad performance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to London Beach Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!