“Great curry house in town.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Kent
“Great curry house in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We took a chance on this curry house and were pleasantly surprised with the set menu and attentive service which was excellent. Great choice from set menu.

Visited November 2012

Kent
“Good food poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went last night with work colleagues for our Christmas dinner.
The food was amazing the service was appalling
Firstly all the staff just congregate at the bar area at every opportunity
Secondly I have a hate of people interrupting a conversation, now fair enough you could be waiting a while, BUT please do NOT walk from the bar to our table bellowing "can I take your order". not even got to our table! RUDE,
Thirdly - well this just blew my mind!!! Started clearing the table even before I had finished eating! I said i haven’t finished eating, he said I’m not clearing your bit.
One of the girls had just put her fork down and the plate was whipped away from her.
After all the rushing us, they left us sitting at an empty table for 30 mins. Didn’t offer us a dessert menu, coffee, another drink. I wouldn’t expect those things to be included in the set menu, but we might have wanted a dessert. ( I didn’t want anything, I was stuffed, but that’s not the point) Don’t know what the hurry was.
BUT after all that I would like to stress the food is amazing,

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kent
“fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

can not fault anything about this place been using for years always good service and great food great value for money

Visited November 2012
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I used to go to the Maharani also in Sittingbourne as they do serve lovely food. But if you want great value for money and a lovely atmosphere then British Raj is the place to go. The food is always very nice and the staff very polite. I probably go there about once a month. Have also recommended this place to friends and family.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent, England
“Going down hill slowly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I have used the British Raj over many years eating in there at least once a fortnight. The food portions are getting smaller and the staff less attentive.
Please go back to the old British Raj