“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

74 London Road, Sittingbourne ME101NS, England   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sittingbourne
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

A friendly, family run establishment. Nothing was too trouble and the facilities and ambiance easily beat other establishments I have stayed at for more money.
The room was clean and tidy, the towels on my bed were still warm from being laundered, which gives confidence in the standards of hygiene, shown throughout.
Breakfast was freshly cooked and excellent quality, with prompt service and a wide choice.

I would stay again happily. Well worth a visit.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
York, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We were met at the door by the owner who helped carry our bags to our rooms, which were comfortable and fairly spacious. We felt very much at home. The breakfast was lovely and the place is well set out. The only thing they could do is add another step to the main door as it may be difficult for elderly or infirm people to navigate it as the one step there is very steep. Overall, though it is a lovely place and w=very well run.

Room Tip: My room and my parents' rooms were fine. If any disability ask for a downstairs room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel was clean and tidy.
The room was lovely with a 4 poster bed. Shower was excellent and room tea making facilties all good.
Overall hotel building and garden was fabulous
Nice to see lovely flowers and outlook in conservatory while eating breakfast.
The only down side is my girl friend was served kippers and we suspected they were on verge of going off so binned them; we did not tell the proprietor as was embarrassed to say anything as he was so nice and helpful. My full English breafast was fine and ate all of it. The proprietor needs to ensure fish is frozen fresh and de-frosted when needed; I am sure this will be a learning point and should not put people off going to this B&B as I would certainly go again.
The proprietor reduced our room rate as soon as we arrived as rates set by previous owners of B&B was higher than their new room rates and it was kind to voluntarily do this and much appreciated by us.
He also helped put our bicycles away in a secure shed in the garden.
Overall a nice B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Owner at The Beaumont, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Both me and my wife thank you for your kind words, however all of our produce is fresh and our kippers are only kept for 3 days, then eaten by us. Before buying The Beaumont i was a chef for 20 years in very high end hotels and now my practices very well, i can reasure you that this fish was very fresh and i would not serve anything that i would not eat myself.
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were attending a family party not far from Sittingbourne and booked this B&B for 2 nights. The owners have only been in for 2 months and although the decor was a bit dated in our room, it was very clean and tidy. Tea and coffee was also in the room. Breakfast was cooked by the owner and there was plenty of choice from fruit, yogurts, at least 5 different cereals, I had an omelett that was cooked perfectly and my husband picked the full English plenty of toast ( the brown seeded bread is delicious.) the overall time spent there was very good, and will hopefully visit again to see the transformation that Adam has planned later this year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Visiting friends I could not stay with I spent two nights at the Beaumont.
It was an excellent experience. The breakfast was the best bit of the stay.
The only fly in the ointment was that I could not get the shower to work properly.
When I arrived Adam and Joanna's little girl presented me with a daisy.

Room Tip: I had the only single room which was ensuite. The other single rooms had private facilities, but ou...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I arrived with a group of 10 for 12 nights and was made to feel at home from start to finish. The lounge area had a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and Adam was always nearby if we needed anything. The breakfast was incredible and the service was always swift and courteous. The Beaumont also has an ideal location on the edge of Sittingbourne, close enough to the town and train station but in a quieter area for a good nights sleep. It was the personnel that really sets this place above the rest, after a 12 night stay, we were sad to say goodbye to Adam and his wife after a lovely trip. I would highly recommend this place for anyone and I personally hope to stay again some time in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Enfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed as a couple for 2 nights along with other family staying in other rooms in the Beaumont. We have stayed regularly at the Beaumont and throughout our stays Adam the owner has always been on standby to ensure we were comfortable(even ensuring other items were on our preferred menu for breakfast). We did not need to worry about the quality of rooms or whether the heating and hot water worked-all these were fine all the time. The lounge area was lovely and relaxing and Adam and his family were always nearby when we needed something and not issue was too much or trivial for them. A wonderful family run business with a personal touch and customer service was genuine and we was made to feel welcome. I would not hesitate this for anyone to stay in regularly or in passing-you wont be dissappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms were good and of good quality. Some rooms have en-suite but this is reflected in the price...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Beaumont? Share your experiences!