“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Singlewell
Paderborn, Germany
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently returned from our stay at this Premier Inn.
The staff were very friendly & helpful. The room was very spacious.
We had breakfast & dinner at the pub next door. Lovely food very cheap.
Great friendly staff. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

singlewell, Manager at Premier Inn Gravesend - A2 / Singlewell, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you ever so much for your feedback.

It has been cascaded around our team and we hope to be welcoming you back to us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Lovely reception staff, room very nice and bright good facilities.
A bit noisy on ground floor.
Lovely comforatble bed, and nice fluffy towels.
We asked reception for more coffees and milk and it was no trouble at all.
We used the Restaurant attached to the Hotel, the food was fine, but the service was terrible.

Room Tip: not on ground floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
singlewell, Manager at Premier Inn Gravesend - A2 / Singlewell, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you ever so much for taking a few moments of your time to leave us some much valued feedback. Your comments ensure that we are doing our best for YOU!

Your feedback will be passed onto the rest of the team and The George will be made aware of your comments too.

Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cornwall,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights solely due to its proximity to Ebbsfleet station for a Paris trip, and for that reason it was fine.
Didn't like walking thru a group of smokers in the doorway who wouldn't be bothered to move to allow someone with luggage to enter. That should be a no smoking area.
We didn't use the George pub apart from for a drink, due to the bad reviews on here. It seemed pleasant enough inside.
The room was fine, typical PI, clean and tidy, comfy,huge bed, and decent nights sleep as a result. Pleasant staff.
I would stay again, if using Ebbsfleet station,as its ideally located,just 5 mins drive away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments will be passed to the team as well as to The George.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked this for a Saturday night after a meeting with old friends and had 3 rooms! I have used Premiers all over the country, including 12 rooms when my daughter got married in Bristol! and it came up to the usual excellent standard, the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable, even though we were close to the road we were not disturbed. The staff were excellent, efficient and friendly. Having read the comments from other trip adviser reviewers we took their advice and didn't eat at the George pub but had breakfast at Nells café just along the road, which was excellent. We did have a few drinks in the bar before we went out and as a pub it was fine. Would definitely stay at this Premier again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback. It really is appreciated and helps us to know what we need to improve on / what we are doing well. Once again, thank you & we hope to see you again in the future.
Bristol, Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. The room was clean and tidy, reasonably cool and despite the proximity to the A2 was not too loud.
I did not appreciate having to enter the hotel through a group of men smoking in the porch.
The bed was hard, with noisy, uncomfortable springs but the pillows and duvet were soft and comfortable.
The major let down was the attached George pub where breakfast was served and we also made the mistake of having an evening meal there as we were very tired after a long day. In hindsight we should have regarded the dreadful breakfast as a warning and stayed well away.
The breakfast was something that even a motorway service station would have been ashamed to serve.
The eggs were acceptable but the rest of the full english breakfast items were awful. The sausages were the cheapest, nastiest things imaginable, the bacon seemed to have been cooked several hours in advance and the small puddle of beans had congealed to a stiff mess. The hash browns were clearly from a budget supermarket and were unable to hold their shape.
The orange juice tasted vile although the apple juice was ok. I think somebody forgot to put any coffee in the coffee pot as what we had tasted like brown water.
The toaster had one setting - incinerate - and no way of popping the toast up early to avoid cremation. On the second day I tried to make a bacon sandwich. I actually couldn't eat it. It was like I had entered a Guiness world record dry cracker eating attempt. The bread was 'elderly' and it seemed the staff had tried to reinvigorate it by moistening it with what I hope was water. It didn't work.
The evening meal was a joke. We waited a long time for service. My food arrived before anyone else's but as it was served incorrectly, with chips instead of the salad and garlic bread as on the menu, I asked for it to be corrected. The waitress told me it was usually served with chips and we had to show her the menu.
My 'lasagne' was removed and returned, after a second microwaving, with a splat of 'salad' on the side and some chewy, barely warm garlic bread long after the rest of my family had started their food. I tried to eat the stupidly hot lasagne (clearly a frozen effort, not home made) I struggled since, due to the repeated microwaving, the bottom layer of pasta was stiff and welded to the bottom of the dish. We decided to skip dessert and buy a bag of maltesers from the hotel vending machine instead.
The hotel really needs to abandon this partnership or it risks being tarnished by association. The George is a parody of a restaurant and whilst I cannot directly attribute my gastro-intestinal upset to the food we ate there, it seems a difficult coincidence to discount.

Room Tip: Room 1 is a bit loud as it is close to reception and an additional security door which bangs if peop...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
singlewell, Manager at Premier Inn Gravesend - A2 / Singlewell, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Gravesend A2 Singlewell. I am glad that your enjoyed your stay at Gravesend A2. I will pass all your feedback on to the George Restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Kind regards.
carlisle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked three rooms for three nights to attend a family wedding, on arrival we were met by Kath and her team, nothing was too much trouble, they changed two rooms for us, one for "Mum" who can't make stairs these days (there is no lift so it is a good idea to ask for a ground floor if travelling with elderly and infirm), the other so my son and his partner would be more "comfortable" shall we say in a double bed rather than two singles, say no more!. The rooms were as good and clean as all the Premiers I have stayed in across the UK.
So far so good................we had driven 350 miles pretty much non stop so were looking forward to a beer, dinner and an early night, meals in the adjacent pub were / are advertised as Carvery 17.00 - 21.00 plus an ala carte type menu, well we arrived at 19.30, the carvery looked like locusts had hit it, we were found a table in the pretty empty dining room for the 6 of us and offered drinks, they arrived.............then nothing for 15 - 20 minutes when an embarassed waiter advised us that there was no carvery. So its off the menu then, another 15 minutes, orders taken.............more drinks ordered from another embarassed waiter, 30 minutes no sign of food, 45 mins advised by I assume a manager that she had personally started our meals, oh how comforting (not!) it finally took an hour from ordering to delivery, to be fair it wasn't bad, but it wasn't brill either. We were given free desserts for our patience or maybe tenacity.
Breakast is also served in the pub, the lady serving was very freindly and doing her very best to cope on her own, there is no joined up thinking with regards the servery, you order your eggs, they are cooked freshly, nice touch, in the meantime the orange juice is empty, the coffee is empty, the toaster doesn't, you get your eggs and go to the counter and then wait for the bacon, sausages, etc to be "topped up"

Day 2 pretty much the same at breakfast, same helpful lady but still no coordination between the servery and the kitchen.
Day 3, it can't get worse can it? Sure it can, except this time they "juggled" the layout of the counter, the dishes were just as generally empty of the "unlimited" breakfast items as the previous two mornings but hey lets have some fun with the punters, this morning we'll put the tea bags at one end of the counter and the kettle at the other, oh how we laughed.
(I walked out when my eggs were served 15 minutes before any bacon, sauases appeared, the bacon was raw, I'm not joking)

This pub needs some serious management and even more serious training, it is beyond Faulty Towers, when you pay over £700 quid you may expect a working partner to the very good Premier to come up to scratch.

I spoke to Kath regarding how her sterling efforts are being totally undermined by the incompetant management of the "service partner" pub.

By the way I have been in the service industry for 40+ years so I know incompetance when I see it.
My advice, stay at the Premier, have your breakfast at Nells Cafe just up the road,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
singlewell, Manager at Premier Inn Gravesend - A2 / Singlewell, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the Premier Inn. Your comments go a long way. I will pass all feedback to the Manager of The George Restaurant. Hope to see you in the near future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed with my two sons as a base to get into south east London. I had a great stay and the boys loved it. The room was large and spacious and the beds were comfortable. In the morning I left the hotel and had breakfast at a diner at the roundabout 100 yards away which was lovely. The stay only cost £119 for two nights so I think it was excellent value.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments I will pass them on to all the team members. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay. Hope you had a good journey home and hope to see you in the near future.

Been to Premier Inn Gravesend - A2 / Singlewell? Share your experiences!