“Uitstekende ligging, goede bedden.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Margate

and 1 more site!
You added Premier Inn Margate to your Saves list
Premier Inn Margate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station Green | Marine Terrace, Margate CT9 5AF, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Antwerpen
“Uitstekende ligging, goede bedden.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very friendly staff. Rooms with good beds and very spacious. Quite during the day and nigth.
Close to the beach and shops. Very good value!
The pub is very nice and serves good breakfast.
Parking place close to the hotel.
Trainstation nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Doncaster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Normally when away on business premier inns are my 1st choice. However this hotel was not enjoyable to say the least! When greeted at reception it appeared my booking had been lost so I had to go through all that again. I was then asked if any guests were going to be joining me which I felt was rude. I was woken my drunks shouting through the night. I ate at the brewers fayer connected where I was constantly bothered by staff while I was trying to work. I think I counted 5 times where they asked if they could get me anything. At breakfast I took the breakfast to go they offer to find my coffee was put in to a coke cup with a plastic coke lid! Would never go here again! I also felt it was over priced at £85 a night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Margate, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Boulogne Sur Mer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Lovely one night's stay. Very warm and helpful welcome, the staff could not be faulted. Room superb. Bathroom spotless and very well maintained. Very modern. No problems with sound pollution. The windows made the room very snug. Breakfast was really hot and well cooked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Reception staff cheerful and helpful. Large modern and newly redecorated room. We spent 3 days here and room and bathroom was really well cleaned on each day. Very happy with room and standard. Less so with Margate.!

This is my second stay at a premier inn and the standard of room, facilities(including excellent blackout curtains) are certainly consistent. Partner particularly liked the option of pillows and slept well. Clearly supports Lenny's view.
Personally The jury is out on the sleep as this mattress was totally different to my last premier and not as comfy. I never worked out the heating system as the controls did not do anything and did not match the description in brochure. The only way to cool the room was to open window. We had room at fron overlooking sea so no real noise from road. We booked some months in advance and got an excellent rate for our stay. However price on day plus the fairly pricey breakfast for 2 in the adjacent pub is close on£100 if you book at full price so advice is book early.

Room Tip: Floor squeaks so choose 2nd floor and with window open, front is quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sint-pieters-kapelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

There were a few things that worried me when I booked this Premier Inn. There's a station behind it, for a start, and they tend to be noisy. Someone had pointed to the lack of air-conditioning, but I reckoned that November wouldn't be hot enough to make that an issue.

The room also overlooked the sea (which I had requested) but that put it (a) above the restaurant, and (b) in front of a busy main road.

Of course, I need not have worried.

This is a typical Premier Inn - great service, great (if oddly squeaky, this time) beds, fantastic pillows, and top-notch breakfast...

As for the air-conditioning. I wouldn't stay here in a hot summer. The windows open, which is great in November, but if it's pushing 30 degrees outside, and the best you can do is turn off the heating, it will get warm.

And the noise? Premier Inn double glazing puts paid to that. But again, if you *have* to have the window open, then you'll get a bit of outside noise creeping in.

So, they lose a star for the lack of air conditioning, because it has a knock on effect, but I would feel bad giving a score of 'average' because this hotel really isn't!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room on the second floor for great views and lower noise levels. Don't worry...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

On the way to the hotel I managed to injure my knee so badly that I couldn't walk. I called Reception from the hotel car park and they were brilliant, helping to organise an ambulance and even said that they would hold my room for me and I wouldn't be charged if I didn't use it. Returned from hospital on crutches and the girls on reception couldn't have been more helpful, arranging a ground floor room and getting my luggage out of the car. Similarly the restaurant staff were very attentive. Such a lovely experience despite a rather traumatic day. Now to the hotel - spotless, excellent position right on seafront, no noise from the road, very easy to find, good car park, best restaurant service I've ever had in a Premier Inn (normally quite slow, but not in Margate). I urge you to visit - I shall be doing so again hopefully for £29!!

Room Tip: ask for one with sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Attending a friends 50th in Westgate and this was the nearest budget hotel. Warm welcome on arrival, huge room, spotlessly clean and adequately furnished. I was driving but friends also staying there went by train and the location is just ideal with the hotel being a 30 second stroll away. Attached to the hotel was a bar and restaurant offering decent food including a carvery and reasonable prices. The bar/restaurant seemed very popular and all this for less than £70! As I say, can't really go wrong.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Premier Inn Margate? Share your experiences!