“yummy!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bow's Kitchen

Bow's Kitchen
10 Market Place, Margate CT9 1EN, England (Formerly Bow's Kitchen at Number 23 Bar)
07796 958949
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 131 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bow's Kitchen is discretely situated above the Wig & Pen pub in Margate's Old Town.We have all of the benefits of links with the pub, whilst being separated enough to allow private dining.We are a few minutes walk from the Turner Contemporary Gallery and the seafront.There is ample local parking, on-street and in controlled car parks.The restaurant is accessed via the staircase inside the bar.
Margate, United Kingdom
“yummy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

ive not had a lot of experiences eating thai food before but after visiting bows kitchen and the pop up evening that they do at the lighthouse bar they do at the lighthouse bar in margate im definately converted! amazing food made with local ingredients and excellent attentive service, and nice settings to eat it in, what more could you ask for?

• Visited October 2012

“Great hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend have just had a really great meal here. We heard about this place from a friend and decided to book a table, not really knowing what to expect. First of all we were greeted by the owner of the restaurant who was also our waiter for the evening, who was more than helpful to recommend a few of the dishes on the menu - we had the sharing platter to start, followed by the beef and black bean special for myself and the red Thai curry for my girlfriend as well as a bottle of wine. The food was really delicious and we were pleasantly surprised when the bill came to under £50! A great find and one we will definitely be recommending and returning to!

kent
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

What a lovely place. A hidden gem in margate!!! The food was amazing, so fresh tasting. They use only the best quality meat and obviously love what they do. The food shows the passion that bow has for cooking and Tim is very knowledgable and happy to help. It was our friends birthday and she had a wonderful time. This place is easily the best Thai I have ever had. Get there fast and try for yourself. I don't think this place will remain hidden for very long!!!!!!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“lovely authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I visited this pub/restaurant whilst on a short break from Brighton. Were very impressed with the very friendly and welcoming owners. The food was excellent and all made with quality fresh ingredients.
We highly recommend this authentic and flavoursome restaurant and would definately go back.

Tom and Christine

Visited September 2012
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Would have prefered a saucier lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went for lunch with a friend having seen some great reviews on TA. Sadly, the food just didn't cut it with me.
The owners were helpful and accomodating but the lunch menu in my mind was very limited. Either a bowl of jazzed up rice or a bowl of jazzed up noodles. When I have lunched beautifully and cheaply at My Thai in sandwich with two courses for £7.95 I was disappointed by there only being one course on the menu at the wig and pen
My friend and I consequently ordered a mixed starter from the main menu. We then had one of the rices and one of the noodles.
The starters were standard thai mixed starters. Sadly, my rice was very greasy and I couldn't help thinking I wish there had been the option of a boiled rice and saucy curry. Coffee, tasted like a spoon of nescafe despite having a filtered price-tag
Due to ordering off the menu this turned out to be a little more expensive than we had originally planned.
It's in a great location and I think with a few tweaks it could be a fab meeting place.

• Visited August 2012