“My favourite brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
kent
“My favourite brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I love this place. I like everything about it. The fact it's retro and down to earth, the atmosphere is relaxed and you feel like you can just relax and read the papers over brunch without feeling hurried. The food is fab and we have tried a fair few items from the menu. Well priced for the quality of the food. Location isn't great at the moment as this particular parade is a little run down- I remember it at its hey day and hoping forts will help it to return to that. We eat here often and they have just started opening on weekend evenings too with great specials so can't wait to try an evening there- they also sell alcohol.

• Visited March 2014

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“thank you Fort's for another top brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We are returning customers and will be back again for the combination of lovely food, friendly service, great coffee but...most of all, a certain ambiance which makes this a very feelgood outing. It is unselfconsciously atmospheric (to my mind). The last couple of times, we have left the car there and walked the short distance along the seafront to the Turner after a late breakfast. I like the full English but this time I had the rarebit with horseradish/beetroot slaw which was lovely. Yes, it was one slice (could have opted for two) but it was plenty and I don't think any of us ate again until the late evening.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A boon for margate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This charming little place is the perfect place for and vintage retro lover looking for a great meal. The staff are amazing, serving food that would be more likely found in a fashionable city. It was delicious with an interesting selection and amazing prices. Dog friendly too.

• Visited February 2014
“Simply charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a bacon and egg roll. This sounds like the simplest dish ever but the roll was soft as a soft simile, the bacon was cooked to perfection, moist and tender, not too greasy. The egg was superb, somehow exactly how I like it without even having to stipulate. The atmosphere in this place feels like if I left there would be a little sadness on both sides.

The star of this charming little cafe is the friendly and welcoming staff. Jemma made me feel so welcome and comfortable, I feel like I've known her for years.

On the whole, I thoroughly recommend taking a scenic tour off the beaten path of Northdown Road and come here for a great meal.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Tracey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We was looking forward to eating here, we look on the reviews and it seem very good. We arrived at 11.30 but the cafe had already run out of the burgers and also chips , and this was in the morning!!!!! The sausage roll was good but overpriced , I had Welsh rabbit only on one HALF of a piece of bread , this was overpriced too. The staff was very friendly and offered another cup of tea and coffee as we did wait a while. Such a shame as we saw the burgers and they did look good.........

Visited January 2014