“Under new management....” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Birchington, United Kingdom
“Under new management....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

....and I must say, much better for it. The staff are friendly and very helpful - the food no longer seems excessively salty as certain dishes used to (MSG!!)
Food is very nicely prepared and mostly cooked fresh to order - the surroundings are quite spacious but would benefit from an update but quite honestly for the money it is a bargain.

It always staggers me to see people paying by credit card for such a modestly priced banquet!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
“Worst service Ive ever experienced!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went to this place with some friends. It is apparently an all you can eat chinese but you have to order as you go along, its not like other places where you go up and help yourself. I ordered my starter and that took a long time to come we all didnt receive our starters at once it was in dribs and drabs and it seemed the waiters/waitresses were more interested in other people than getting our orders right. I asked for a Guiness but the waitress didnt know what that was! even after explaining she still didn't know so I ordered a lager instead. The starter was luke warm. When the mains came again it was in dribs and drabs and the orders were wrong so more time was wasted faffing around. When we finally got what we ordered again it was either luke warm or cold, I ate what I could but didnt enjoy it. My friends were also not happy, one of them complained. She was in a line of other people complaining as well so it wasnt just us they managed to mess up with. Another two young guys refused to pay the full price for such poor service and left, we got the bill and the price was all wrong when we added it up so we just put the money on our table and left. I hear the place was run better by the previous owners but the people who run it now are not as good. The dining experience was abysmal and me and my friends will not be visiting this restaurant again. Perhaps it was a bad night for them but once you go to a place and receive poor service 99 times out of 100 you won't want to go back. Sorry guys, shoddy service was not acceptable! would be good if the waiters and waitresses could understand what we was trying to order and paid attention.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“But that's a drink?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Slightly odd ordering service, I asked the waitress for a Coke after ordering my main meal and she seemed perplexed. 'that's a drink' she said. Well, yes how observant of you. Needless to say, my Coke didn't arrive and I had to ask someone else after waiting for at least thirty minutes.
The portions were tiny but you can order as many as you like so no complaint there. Everything was delicious.
Parking isn't easy so keep that in mind when you visit!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“For an all you can eat restaurant, it's superb !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and I have never had a bad meal, the service is quick and the staff are more than happy to look after your needs, always friendly and professional. The food is fantastic with lots of choice, unlike other AYCE restaurants the food comes out very quickly and is always cooked to perfection. there's lots of space inside and the tables are perfect for big families and couples. parking is easy as there is a pay and display carpark just opposite and in the evening the parking is free. all in all, a great place to eat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Margate, United Kingdom
“fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Been here several times and it never fails to deliver! Staff are friendly and go out of their way to help. Warm atmoshere and food is great. Unlike a lot of 'eat as much as you like' all food is cooked to order and brought to the table. My favourite chinese restaurant in Thanet!!!

• Visited January 2013