“Really enjoyable visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hornby Visitor Centre

The Hornby Visitor Centre
Westwood Industrial Estate, Enterprise Road | Westwood, Margate CT9 4JX, England
+44 1843 233524
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 25 Attractions in Margate
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hornby Visitor Centre takes you on a fascinating journey through the history of Britain's best loved toys. The Visitor Centre also hosts a well stocked shop and the Just the Ticket Cafe. Pocher Model Exhibition being shown at the Centre, this exhibition features 24 rare and sought after Pocher models including the Fiat F2 130HP Racer. Airfix D-Day Exhibition new for 2014, this exhibition helps commemorate one of the most important days of the last century. The exhibition features a huge multi-media diorama supported by displays setting out some of the ket stories from the 'Day of Days'.
Margate, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyable visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were looking to take some Australian friends who were originallu from England to somewhere different . I had been here some time ago with my grandson . They really enjoyed looking at all the displays which took them back to childhood memories and I would always state that a visit no matter your age is a must .

Hexham, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed by all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was reluctant to visit, as trains is my husband,s thing but actually I really enjoyed it, it did not take us long so don't plan for all day but my two year old enjoyed it, I would have liked it to be more interactive for young ones but overall we enjoyed it. We also ate in the cafe the salad I had was lovely, my husband had the full breakfast and the egg was not cooked, my little ones meal was fine and good sized portions.

Buckinghamshire, UK
6 attraction reviews
“A trainlovers paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Well set out and interesting exhibition of every train ever built by Hornby and although we are elderly we still enjoyed the walk through train history.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Dust off those airfix kits!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our second visit to what is a very nostalgic and memory provoking location. There's just so much that takes me back to my childhood.
Our main reason for visiting this time was to see the D-Day diorama assembled by local modellers using Airfix kits - this is certainly impressive. Not only in sheer size and scale but the level of detail that they have included - a great example of what a little bit of plastic, some paint and a lot of patience can actually achieve. The real (borrowed) military vehicles located in the same room help to nicely set the scene.
Don't forget to visit the shop - especially the discounted section - for the second year in a row I managed to pick up and absolute bargain!!

Newbury, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Worth a look for grown up kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Like others have said, not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. If you have a couple of hours to spare it caters for all ages. Plenty to see makes you wish you were more careful as a child. The detail on some of the models is amazing. It's not a day trip but worth £ 12.50 for a family for a couple of hours.