“Scrummy” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
London, United Kingdom
“Scrummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Friends took me here and said it wasn't at its best so it must be amazing. Had absolutely delighful macaroni cheese and hot, tasty coffee.
I would just say close the door and turn on the heating in winter.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
“Excellent and Different Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

BeBeached looks unpromising from the outside, located half way along the harbour wall it blends in perfectly with the uncompromising concrete. However the pink umbrellas give a little hint that this is not all that it appears.

Inside its small, quirky and when we arrived perhaps a little chaotic but rather than detracting from it this all seems to add to the considerable charm and warmth of the place.

Rather than having a large menu where you know most of it is heading straight for the microwave, BeBeached have kept the the menu small and perfectly formed, using locally sourced ingredients. I had the excellent meatloaf and some of the best hand-cut chips I have ever had, light and crisp and without a hint of stodgyness as restaurant hand-cut chips so often are.

After a very pleasant day trip to Margate, BeBeached probably stimulated as much conversation as the Turner did.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wow, what a gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Had been recommended so took wife & 12 year old on Sunday.
Rain was lashing down outside and when I opened the door my heart sank, I'd expected something a bit posher. Feeling a fool I looked at the menu and that's when I realised I was a fool, I wanted to try everything it sounded so good.
When the food arrived hot, freshly cooked for us it was superb. Amongst the tastiest we've eaten in a long time, and we do eat out a lot. Total bill £46 so less than 16 quid each including drink Have recommended to so many now probably won't get a table next time. And there WILL be a next time. Fantastic.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unique food full of flavour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We have been to Be Beached a couple of times & every time the food is different from the norm, service is good friendly staff

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Charming surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

After a look around the fantastic Turner Contemporary Gallery, I needed some refreshment. I was drawn to some pink umbrellas along the Harbour Arm and was glad I followed my instincts. What I found was a charming cafe with a menu that looked fresh, interesting, healthy, appetising and extremely reasonable.

The food (which I ordered from the super friendly staff) was all of these things. The homemade spiced squash soup was tasty and warming and served with a doorstop of freshly baked bread. The beetroot tart was rich, wholesome and served with a delicious yoghurt sauce.

The outside seating area overlooks the harbour and seafront and on a fine day is absolutely delightful.

Do pay BeBeached a visit next time you're in Margate