“Wonderful Italian Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Giorgios

Giorgios
19 Marine Gardens, Margate CT9 1UH, England (Formerly Georgios)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 126 Restaurants in Margate
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Watford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I joined Trip advisor just to review this restaurant. A friend in Margate advised a visit and we were glad we went. I had mussels as an anti pasti and they were deliciously fresh served in a bowl of creamy 'mussel soup'. My family had pasta and this was also delicious served with freshly made and prepared tomato sauce. The bill for 3 (inc 1 child ) was around £30 which I think was very reasonable for a good lunch. We enjoyed it so much we went for dinner the following evening. The mussels had run out which was a good sign and I tried one of my favourites which was steak pizzaiola. There were 2 pieces of tender steak with chips. We also had risotto, a side and another 3 course childs meal. The bill for 3 again was around £50 but as this included around £20 of wine/beer the food was still only £30. The staff were very friendly and nice, the restaurant was clean and modern and why it is only 29 th on the list is a puzzle although last time I looked it was around 34th. I will definately go again when visiting Margate

• Visited August 2013

Kololi, Gambia
“Could be better with attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had lunch with a friend, having not visited for 3-4 years. Very quiet, which was surprising. Menu and prices reasonable
Initial service was very good and friendly. My seafood looked excellent, but the swordfish was dry and I needed extra dressing, which would have made it fine, but literally all staff had disappeared from behind the bar and no waitress to ask, so left some which I really did not want to do.
When we wanted the bill we again had to go and find staff. One eventually arrived from outside.
The bill came to £44.50.
£50 was given and we were not offered any change. Ok 10% service charge is normally acceptable, but this is more. I did not make a fuss for 2 reasons.. 1) it was a friends birthday treat, 2)..the member of staff disappeared again. Some may call it cheeky, I call it unprofessional!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Broadstairs
“Always Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a great and consistent restaurant. The food is always great, as is the service. The other good thing here is that they can seat large parties, but if there is just the two of you, it dosn't impact on your evening.

Visited July 2013
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“the sunday roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Let me start by saying this was the best roast dinner I've had out for a long, long time.
The beef was tender ,juicy and pink. the leg of pork served with crispy crackling and stuffing was delicious. My children had the garlic bread to start followed by roast chicken(breast), which they loved. .All was served with giant tasty Yorkshire puddings and vegetables cooked to perfection, oh and I must add the cheese sauce on the cauliflower was mouth wateringly tasty.
The flavours that ran through the gravy suggests that this restaurant has a great chef at its helm..
And all this for a remarkable £5.50, Yes I will be returning and very soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Margate's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I actually investigated the small sign and ventured down the stairs to find a very nice establishment. A lot of money spent on this place at some point and I had no idea it was there even though I bought a holiday flat in Westbrook five years ago!

The Sunday roast was priced at £5.50 which I thought was so low it would be terrible, how wrong I was! The beef was fab, great roast potatoes and veg, proper Yorkshire and real meat gravy. My daughter had a pizza kids meal which looked very good.

Defo recommend this place, I intend to go there a lot I just wish they would do more to promote themselves, better signs would be a start!

• Visited June 2013