“Not the best, not the worst......” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Not the best, not the worst......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went in here for a gossipy lunch with my friend. Tables crammed in, and not the place for a private chat. We were greeted immediately on our arrival, and the service was good throughout. The menu is what seems to have become the standard, sandwiches, ciabatta, and jacket potatoes, they do breakfasts but I was too late to get a look a them, so I won't comment. Most dishes are priced between 4-7 quid. I had mushrooms, parmesan shavings, and rocket on toast, which was ok, but a bit dry. The coffee was good though. I would prefer a bit more space when meeting a friend for lunch, but for a quick coffee I would go again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hythe, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place, food & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love this place. Wonderful food, great menu, coffee is fantastic and if you love hot chocolate, it is definitely my favourite! Love the atmosphere, and staff are always so friendly!

Definitely worth a visit!

Visited February 2013
kent
“Fab food, super staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have eaten here previously, and, as we hadn't been for a while decided to have a late breakfast.
My wife had the scrambled egg with smoked salmon, and I had the scrambled egg with chorizo. I'm quite fussy, and requested that my toast was served on the side (not under the egg), & that my egg was soft (not, as is often the case, like rubber). Happily, the food arrived exactly as requested, & really was quite delicious. Here, I must give special mention to the chorizo - absolutely delicious.
With this we ordered a pot of tea & a black Americano with hot milk on the side - & again the coffee was lovely (strong & smooth without being bitter).
We persuaded ourselves that this was brunch, so followed with a superb carrot cake & a delicious cup cake - both really fresh.
Service was very efficient without being rushed, despite the fact that there were a number of people waiting for tables. The staff, whilst being young (& in certain cases young at heart!), we 're very friendly & nothing seemed too much trouble.
We will not be leaving it quite so long before returning to this little gem.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England
“Great food in a lovely atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We treated ourselves to breakfast here last saturday & were not disappointed. Delicious food, quickly served in a warm, friendly & comfortable place.
Yes a bit more expensive than some cafes but you get what you pay for & that's good decent food.
We went back in week & sampled the cakes!!! Again delicious.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor bacon sandwich!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited this place back in October 2012 and was impressed, so much so, we decided to pop back during our day visit to hythe in January. My partner and I both decided to have a coffee and bacon sandwich. First of all our coffee came out about 10 minutes before the sandwich which I personally like to have my coffee whilst eating my sandwich. The main problem though was the bacon sandwich itself. It was £3.95 for each sandwich which isn't cheap but we gave it go. It was fresh doorstep bread which was lovely, however we had 1 slice of bacon per slice of doorstep bread, so more bread than bacon so very disappointing for nearly £4 each. We will go back when next in the area as atmosphere is good and coffee is nice but wont be ordering bacon sandwiches again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere