“Food good, service terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 106 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Using seasonal ingredients, Table Table - Herne Bay boasts a menu of traditional pub dishes. Varied sharing platters are served alongside tempting nibbles and British favourites. Hearty breakfasts are also available for early risers, while sensational desserts bring something sweet to the Table Table menu. Enjoy a glass of flavoursome wine or refreshing beer from the bar, or indulge in a classic cocktail in the snug and inviting pub restaurant.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Food good, service terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you are not in a hurry then Herne Bay Pub Restaurant AKA Table Table, is ok. The menu selection is very good and the standard of food is good, the décor is good, but the service is awful. There is slow then there is Table Table slow!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“staff wonderful food disappointing at times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Breakfasts- where have the plum tomatoes gone???? What a shame. Sometimes some elements of the breakfast range wasn't there either ran out just not put out. Evening meals, most nights not all the menu was available, this was sometimes really early in the evening. Was disappointed to be fair, so much so wouldn't stay here again purely because of the food, shame because the staff were exceptional,really went that extra mile.

Visited February 2014
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Having been to this restaurant a few times we have gradually seen a gentle decline in service and quality.

This visit was the worst, we reserved table for family of 4 at 7:30pm mid-week. The restaurant was about 50% full, however we waited 20 minutes to order drinks, they arrived 10 minutes later. We finally received our start 55 minutes after sitting down, and our main course arrived 1 hour after we finished our starter. Our starters were prawn cocktails and or less they went to reculver to catch them there was no excuse, they take 5 mins to prepare.

The main course I has was chicken, salad and french fries. Chicken was soaking where it had been cooked in a bag, and frankly was soggy and horrendous. However the real shocker was finding two old shrivelled peas under the fries (no one in our group had peas!!!) and at bottom of fries pile one fry had tomato ketchup on!!! I did not have any on my plate.

So we left disappointed, what was originally a fantastic place has gone gradually downhill. This was our 7th meal here and probably our last for a while. The last other two have seen slow service, and deteriorating food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Needs a shake-up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I visited Table Table last night with a party of four. It was a rainy Monday night, so I wasn't surprised to see many empty tables. I ordered nachos as a starter, and after a wait of 10 minutes, was told they had "run out" of nachos. I was surprised...it's not as if I'd asked for asparagus in truffle sauce. I pointed out that the local Tesco store sells them and was still open. Maybe the annual get-together of Nachos Addicts Anonymous had eaten there earlier and cleaned them out? Who knows. One of my friends ordered garlic mushrooms with a blue cheese sauce, but left most of the sauce as it had a layer of oil on it. Next course, lamb shank with mashed potato with cabbage and leeks, arrived, but with the meat sitting on a small pile of mash. No other vegetables in sight. We called the waiter back and asked why the meal didn't match the description on the menu, and he said they had run out of cabbage and leeks. Presumably they said nothing before our query in the hope that we wouldn't notice... We asked what he could offer instead of the veg and we were given a small bowl of peas each. Very poor attitude of the establishment towards customers and not an experience I'm eager to repeat. We spent around £80 on the food and two bottles of wine. Terrible value for money, and madness when there is a branch of Harvesters opposite. The food at Table Table is no better than what's on offer at the Harvester, and much more expensive. The management should start reading these criticisms and sort themselves out if they want to stay in business. I shall be passing on my complaint to the head office, and hope they take it seriously as I'd like to see the business thrive.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South East
“As long as you like your food frozen you will be fine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited for a Sunday lunch with my family and after ordering our meals we waited a short while for our meals to arrive. As we started eating my son asked why his macaroni cheese seemed cold, I checked his food and it was frozen, yes actually frozen, I called he waitress over and although she was very apologetic and promised to replace it straight away clearly it was totally unacceptable. In addition once we checked all our meals none would be described as anything more than luke warm and please bear in mind the restaurant was barely occupied so not rushed or in any way busy.

Looking at previous reviews clearly this is not an uncommon occurrence, I am afraid that we will not be returning - by the way they discounted a whole £4 from the bill by way of apology for the frozen dinner!

Avoid if you don't want to eat cold/frozen food!

Visited January 2014