“Interesting food, great ambience” 4 of 5 stars

+44 1580 212605
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Goudhurst Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 7 Restaurants in Goudhurst
Cuisines: Pizza, Barbecue, Gastropub, English
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Coffee & Tea, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Under new ownership since April 2015, The Goudhurst Inn is now part of Hush Heath Estate & Winery, Staplehurst. After a full refurbishment both inside and out, The Goudhurst Inn now offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. We have also created 4 boutique hotel rooms upstairs. We offer more casual dining in the bar with the bar menu, featuring traditional pub classics, made using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients The Restaurant menu is served in The Conservatory or The Hush Heath Room with wonderful views of the Weald of Kent we have a regularly changing A La Carte menu and a Hush Heath Table d'hote menu which pairs dishes with a wine or cider from Hush Heath for a set price. Outside in the garden and large terrace, we have our Pizza Shack with a professional clay pizza oven and a Robata BBQ grill, Pizza and BBQ dishes will be available to eat in or take away. A kids menu is also available and often kids eat free on special promotional weekends. Breakfast is served in The Conservatory from 8 am and is free for our hotel guests. The Bar has an English Wine focus serving all the wines and ciders of Hush Heath Estate by the glass and bottle. We also have an eclectic wine and craft beer list from around the world and the best in spirits and whiskeys.
London, United Kingdom
“Interesting food, great ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been twice in the last week to the Goudhurst Inn, once for a weekday lunch and once for a Saturday evening dinner. On both occasions, the atmosphere was great (very busy and buzzy on Saturday night, more relaxed on weekday lunchtime), and the food was good rather than exceptional. It's on the pricy side for local restaurants, but they do make a point of saying that they source many items locally and that will never be the cheapest option. The range of food on offer is excellent with a main menu, a special and a lunch menu, and they are very flexible on chidlren's portions. The wine list was more limited, but fine for our meal. Service is friendly but was extermely slow on Saturday night - it was more than an hour after we ordered that we received our starters. Lunch was better, and given that the food was presumably cooked to order (I had a cheese souffle) I didn't expect it to be any faster. I would definitely return, and would recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A beautiful meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We are pretty regular visitors to the Goudhurst inn so thought it was about time we reviewed it.
The food is always good, the welcome is always warm, the wine list is nice and there is a big bucket of bricks and things for our small daughter to play with.
It is a little pricey, but the food and wine is excellent, the atmosphere is good, the staff pleasant, the tables clean... Need I go on, always worth the money, just a shame we cannot go every week frankly!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Mean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went to Goudhurst Inn very recently, really enjoyed it ambience good food good but quite pricey. Was disappointed to find that you have to pay for a veg, when the chicken pie was nearly £15.00 you didn't get anything with it at all just the pie. Veg does not cost a lot it should have come with the pie as a meal. I had a portion of green beans that cost £3.00 this is where I feel restaurants get greedy. I know they have to make money but people do like value or money to. I think restaurants in this area think that people who live in and around area are loaded and can just get away with charging for any kind of accompaniment with mains.
I would like to think that the owners of the Goudhurst Inn would reconsider charging for veg, as chicken pie with green beans just isn't worth it. I enjoyed the pie but as I say £18.00 too much.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently went here with my husband and my daughter. The atmosphere was very good as was the prompt and courteous service.
However, I found the prices of food and drink excessive. My husband thought the beer at £3.75 a pint was excessive. I'm afraid we can only consider this restaurant for occasional and not regular visits.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely place. Great quality, sophisticated pub food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here with friends and had great food in a cozy but smart atmoaphere. My wife's scallops were excellently cooked and my venison was perfectly tender. That said, the puddings were the highlight.

• 5 of 5 stars Food