“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 82 Restaurants in Deal
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Pub
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We went here for a meal very recently. Good value for money on the 2/3 courses deals on the Sunday lunch. I had the Scotch Broth which was under seasoned. My husband had the whitebait which looked and tasted very fresh. We both had the belly pork, crackling was superb but the main part of the pork hadn't been cooked long and slow enough for enough f the fat layer to melt away, wasn't the falling apart variety it should be. Never the less it was tasty.

Service was very hit and miss, there were plenty of staff but were showing you to a seat, asking you what you would like to drink and then giving out the food menus. We were there a good ten minutes before we saw a menu. While we were waiting two other couples walked out and people were asking to order - not exactly the attentiveness one would expect!

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Good Food Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food was simple but beautifully served. Generous portions and good value for money The the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Visited October 2012
Herne Bay
“Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Have just had lunch with 5 friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The vegetables were fresh, all the food was hot. We all gave a tip as the waitress and waiter that served us were very polite and had to go to and fro to the kitchen to get us apple sauce and mustard etc. All but myself ate a starter and not one of us could finish our food as there was plenty of it, without overflowing our plates. Would go back when in Deal again. Also we had a lovely view of the coastguard, they had a problem with a floating truck or container out to sea.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“dont bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

very polite when first went in said home made chips on the menu but they were frozen told they were short staffed waitress surly and sharp, food bland happy staffood f not worth the money run over to the royal fresh

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Went into this place for lunch with my daughter, the service was very poor, when we were asked what we would like to drink, I asked if I could order some food. Unfortunately there was one waiter for drinks and one for food. So we had to wait another 30 mins to order. My daughter aged 8 asked for sausages and mash, the mash was inedible lumpy and over microwaved, my dinner was ok ish. I told the waitress the mash was crap, she spoke to the manager, who in my ear shot said'well she eaten the sausages so tough full price'........... The bill came and they had charged for an adult portion for my little girl, I pointed this and waitress went to speak to the manager. She said again within my hearing 'if the child looks over 12 charge the full price tough.

At which point I paid and left, I hung around outside for about ten minutes and managed to stop 20 people going in, telling them about what happened. This place is rubbish.