“Obviously much improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Port Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deal
The Port Arms
10 Beach Street, Deal CT14 7AH, England   |
Ranked #18 of 18 Deal B&B and Inns
London
“Obviously much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Port Arms clearly took the previous reviews seriously. Our room had just been renovated and it was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful, the breakfast was good and it was a really nice place to stay. Apparently there is music in the bar at night, but this had finished by the time we returned at midnight. The evacuation instructions were missing from the back of the door, but apart from that, everything was fine.

• Stayed October 2010

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

The rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds and large bathroom which is all clean and tidy. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The breakfast was of good quality and more than enough to start your day off. The evening meals are outstanding which meant we didn't have to look around for other places to eat during our stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
gravesend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Having written a couple of negative reviews on here Its really nice to be able to write a positive review!!!.......I had read the reviews of The Port Arms before booking and was more than a little bit worried but thought give it a try. Having been booked in and shown to the room that had been photographed by a previous reviewer I was more than pleasantly surprised to an extremely large welcoming room, were once only nets hanged proper black out curtains hang, A ceiling rose and lamp shade now replace the bare light bulb and more importantly the socket is now firmly secured to the wall. Realising that the room was over a PUB I didn't really expect a good nights sleep....How wrong was I? The bed was more comfortable than my own and I slept like a log!! The following morning we were greated by a very friendly member of staff (Waitress/Cleaner) who couldn't do enough for us.....I having forgot to tell The Port Arms that we were both vegetarians this hiccup was dealt with more professionally than either The George (RYE) and Hotel du vin (WINCHESTER) who had both been informed before. A beautifully cooked Vegetarian breakfast arrived without any fuss.

In these days of mass complaining online and I must admit I do!!! its more than a pleasure to write this review........understanding that The Port Arms may not be to everybodys taste (It is a popular/friendly pub) I can highly recommend it for clean & bright rooms and very comfortable beds!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

We found the rooms were ok, and the breakfast was alright - but don't stay there at the weekend. The rooms are right above the bar, and the loud music makes it impossible to sleep until after 1am. If that's ok with your weekend, then you'll probably be alright. But if you are paying for a room thinking you can get a normal night's sleep - forget it. It also smells quite a bit of cigarette smoke. Would not go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
worcestershire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

Stayed for one night - September 2009.
I wouldn’t stay there again if they paid me, it resembles a mishmash rundown bedsit!!!
I’m so glad I didn’t pay the full £80.00, as managed to get it at £60.00 as booking it last minute.
Where do I start, Dirty hole! Absolutely disgusting going upstarts to the rooms, then it didn’t get any better, the room was big, dark, dingy and empty the furniture consisted of the bed with bedside tables, a sofa, a chair with the plastic leather effect coming off it, the best was a small fold up table with a small TV on it. No curtains to shut out the light from the pub sign which was on all night! I shouldn’t forget to mention the smell of damp in the room, not very pleasant.
The décor in desperate need of repair! see photos! The main ceiling room light hadn’t got a lampshade; the electric socket was not secured to anything… very dangerous! The music from the pub kept us awake as we were right over the bar.
There was only two pillows bed on the double bed, I looking in what resembled a wardrobe where there was extra pillows but they had not got pillow cases on them, so I asked the young lad be hide the bar for two extra pillows, he informed me that they were in the wardrobe, I told him that they didn’t have pillow cases. When we went back to the room later, someone had put two pillow cases on the edge of the bed; I would have thought they would have put them on!!!

Extremely poor value for money!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Port Arms? Share your experiences!