I stayed at Dunkerleys for 2 nights, arriving very late (12.30am) on Friday night but was met by a pleasant and helpful owner who was keen to make sure we had all the provisions we needed. Parking is nearby and no real bother - just need to feed the meter from time to time. The cheery chirpy chappy who served in the restaurant and showed us to our room was retiring that weekend - he made such an impact that I hope Dunkerleys can replace him with someone with equal charm and humour bug it will be a big challenge. Breakfast was fabulous - I don't often get up for brekky if there's a chance for a lie in but it was well worth it. The mushrooms were the best I've tasted. Just a shame that the 'vegetarian' breakfast was just the normal breakfast with the meat content removed - a veggie sausage would have been perfect. Deal is charming - much nicer than the other villages we visited such as Sandwich, Ramsgate, Margate - nice shops and friendly people. And the true gem is the Kings Head pub a few doors down. Great atmosphere, great food, lovely wine list - and a landlord who goes out of his way to make everyone welcome, not just his regulars. Try them both! I'll definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkerleys Seafood Restaurant & Hotel on Deal seafront is highly commended & offers a warm & friendly welcome to its visitors; an award-winning restaurant with comfortable en-suite bedrooms; six with sea views, some with spa baths, all with modern HD TVs & wi-fi for computer access. A perfect retreat for golfers, businessmen, walkers & families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Dunkerley's Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunkerley`s Restaurant Hotel Deal
- Dunkerley's Restaurant And Hotel Deal, Kent