Booking for the hotel was easily and efficiently done over the telephone a couple of weeks ahead of a mid-week break. The hotel itself was easy to find, being right next to the main pier roundabout on the A258 in and out of Deal.
The hotel itself has no parking, however the nearest can be found across the road (from the hotel reception entrance on Queen St) next to Deal Library (£4 for 4 hours then move on). Additionally it can be found at the Railway Station 500+ metres away with max charge of £4 for the day. However, for both you will have to be up early (by 08:30) to beat the traffic wardens.
The outside of the hotel was somewhat quaint in decoration and has a somewhat large ‘area’ of seating and tables outside – obviously for the warmer/summer months. The location itself is good, within easy walking distance of the pier and town centre and close to most amenities.
The Reception and Staff in total were, from beginning to end, really good and very friendly – nothing seemed too much bother and all done with a smile (which makes a real change from some of the larger chain hotels) – very professional and knowledgeable (concerning local area).
There is Wi-Fi in the rooms and public areas for free (you will need the code) – though the signal was somewhat intermittent at best in most parts of the hotel.
The overall initial ambience of the public areas is good, but don’t expect 5 star, this was more towards the functional, but it did have working gas fires places which made the bar area warm and cosy.
The room was on the large size, clean and warm with bath (fitted with showers), but was in need of refurbishment in certain areas (not double glazed for instance). Ours was a Principal with sea & pier view, but also overlooking the outside seating areas and the main road roundabout – something to be aware of but was not a concern during the entirety of our stay.
The breakfast was cooked to order and states it is locally sourced – however it was somewhat limited outside the full English and haddock/kipper choices.
I have no hesitation in recommending it to others and would, if taking a break again in the area, look forward to staying there. The price though somewhat on the higher side for this class of hotel, but was more than compensated for by the largeness of the room and the view from the window.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkerleys Seafood Restaurant & Hotel on Deal seafront is highly commended & offers a warm & friendly welcome to its visitors; an award-winning restaurant with comfortable en-suite bedrooms; six with sea views, some with spa baths, all with modern HD TVs & wi-fi for computer access. A perfect retreat for golfers, businessmen, walkers & families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Dunkerley's Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunkerley`s Restaurant Hotel Deal
- Dunkerley's Restaurant And Hotel Deal, Kent