“Great 4th of July!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Granville B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Great 4th of July!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We rented the 555 Studio for 4th of July weekend. It was a GREAT option for a family place to stay in Granville. The Studio has 2 bedrooms which is great for a couple with one child (single bed in second bedroom). There is also a pull out couch that we didn't use. The studio is a quick walk to downtown Granville and very close to the location of the fireworks celebration. Nick & Melanie were easy to work with and provided all the information we needed. Only things that could have made it better were better directions on how to find the Studio (we found the guest house just fine :) and providing a grill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Monte Vista, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My sister and I stay at the Broadway Guest House three times a year. We come to the area to visit family. It's a great place to relax. The beds are very comfortable. I took a great walk around the neighborhood. We love the close proximity to downtown Granville. The farmers market is a wonderful place to pickup some local produce and cheese. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Perry, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I found The Broadway Guest House quite by accident several years back. I booked a stay and loved it so much I have been staying there ever since. As a writer, I love having a whole house to myself. I find that if I stay in a hotel or B&B, no matter how clean and beautiful, distractions are the norm. The place is warm and inviting, exceptionally clean and well decorated. It has everything I love in a home...and it is situated well off the main street with a lot of sound barrier that eliminates the traffic noise. It backs onto a wooded hillside, and the screened-in back porch is a great place to sit with a glass of wine and enjoy nature. I try to get down to Granville every 3 or 4 months to get some writing done in a quiet relaxed atmosphere with no distractions, and The Broadway Guesthouse fills my needs! To top it off, the proprietors are exceedingly nice and helpful. What more could I possibly want in a destination?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife is a Denison alum and we wanted to be close to downtown Granville when we visited, without having to stay in outdated accommodations at one of the regular lodging options in Granville or stay in mid-range hotels out in Newark. We stayed at the new Studio 555 at the Broadway Guest House and had a great visit. Everything is updated, upscale and very comfortable. Melanie and Nick are very welcoming, friendly and helpful hosts and Granville being as small as it is, we saw them out on the town after we checked in! The studio was great for our getaway weekend, being literally a 1 to 2-minute drive from downtown and Denison. Everything was fully stocked and we could have easily stayed a week or longer and been very comfortable. Pretty much any amenity you'd want to have when traveling they've put into the 555 Studio. We'll definitely be back and will be recommending it to others!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Spring Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My 4 sisters along with myself and our mom had the most wonderful time at the BGH ... it was immacculate, tastefully decorated, warm, quaint and cozy. It is nestled back off the main street in such a beautiful setting ...

The owners made us feel so at home & were very accomodating!
They are such a sweet family ...

I highly recommend staying at the BGH if your travels ever lead you to Granville, Ohio.

Perfect weekend ... wonderful memories!

• Stayed April 2013
Rothbury, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Broadway Guest House...is an Awesome place to "Call Home" even if for a few days! My four sisters, mom & I Totally Enjoyed our Stay in Granville,OH...Such a unique town with the quaint shops/Nice restraunts. The hospitality given by Nick & Melanie...was outstanding! You were like ..family at first meeting! :) Thanks so much for your very fine accomodations in helping make "Our Get Away Weekend" a Very Special & Memorable one! Janell R/Michigan

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My 4 sisters and I planned a special weekend getaway for my mom for her Christmas gift. This is something we've been looking to for over 1/2 year now, and it was nothing short of amazing! Three sisters drove in with my mom from Michigan, another sister drove in from Charlotte, NC and I drove in from Kitchener, Ontario. It was a a central meeting place. One sister found the town, another found the Broadway Guest House, another gave input on great places to shop, we another found a wonderful event for us at a local theatre on Saturday night, and we all enjoyed lots of laughter, fun, games, meals, etc., together at this wonderful guest house. The owners of the property could not have been more down-to-earth and accommodating. Even their beautiful children made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. We loved our time together, and the accommodations were perfect for this type of gathering. The open floor plan, comfortable beds and extra little places for us to sit and chat made it absolutely perfect, and we loved the beautiful decor. Nothing went unnoticed. Thank you for the recommendations of restaurants, shopping, and of course delicious frozen custard. We will seriously consider returning to the Grandville Guest House. We appreciate the warm welcome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The Broadway Guest House? Share your experiences!