“New Years Eve Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“New Years Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at the Buxton Inn on New Years Eve. Even though they were busy and the waitstaff was hopping, they couldn't have been more gracious and prompt with their service. The ambiance was wonderful, and the food was absolutely perfect. My husband and I both got their filet, and it was the best one I've had in years. They have different dining rooms, from a conservatory to a vintage one with an 1812 feel in the main part of the inn. We ate in a small but elegant dining room where the bar is. You might want to request a particular room when making your reservation.

Visited January 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“Great ambience, food is slightly above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love going to the Buxton Inn, a great place to step back in time. Menu doesn't change much. Food quality is hit or miss. Some nights it's excellent, some nights it's so-so. The food has never been just outright bad. Prices are very reasonable.

I live nearby, so have been there many times. I do wish they could be more consistent. Wait staff is always friendly and willing to find answers for you. Mediocre wine selections. In spite of not giving it a glowing review, I really enjoy going to this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Medina, Ohio
“One of my favorite Places !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great atmosphere, outstanding service and delicious food !! I love eating in the atrium area and love the tavern downstairs.

Visited November 2013
Presque Isle, Maine
“Lovely atmosphere, disappointing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We ate brunch here on Sunday. It was a dreary day so we were looking forward to some good food in a warming atmosphere. The food was good (the asparagus in the quiche was perfect) and it was nice to chat by the fire. However, the hostess seemed put out when we thought it was too cold to eat in the greenhouse and our server didn't know the menu well and disappeared for long periods of time. It's worth another shot though.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The food was not good and I am pretty easy to please.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

First of all, the service was excellent. The atmosphere was very good. Our table setting was clean and beautiful, the temperature of the room was perfect, our wine choices very good.

The food was not good at all. Three of us had the evening special which was chicken marsala, with a baked potato sprinkled with cheese and bacon with the vegetable of the day consisting of broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots. The chicken was dry with industrial type gravy, the potato tasted like it was days old, the vegetables were dry and old. I did not comment to the server of my displeasure as I did not want to ruin the dinning experience for my companions. However, when we all left the restaurant we each stated that the food was in a word, horrible. Two of my friends had been there on other occasions when the food was not this bad. Our combined bill was over $200.00 including the well earned tip. If I had it to do again, I would ask for my money back. I will not go there again.

• Visited August 2013