“perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warner Norton Grange Coastal Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yarmouth
Warner Norton Grange Coastal Resort
You added Warner Norton Grange Coastal Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Hallets Shute, Yarmouth PO41 0SD , England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yarmouth
birmingham
“perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

What a fantastic experience. I cant complain about anything. The room was warm clean and the decor lovely, ample wardrobe and drawer space. Tea coffee making fascilities with tea coffee milk left daily by the cleaner. Fresh towels left daily beds are made room is cleaned daily. The food is beautiful, plenty of choice and eat as much as you like. The swimming pool is lovely, its not deep and its lovely and warm. The entertainment was the was the best I have ever seen. Try to get a seat as quickley as possible, the only way to do this is go for your evening meal as early as possible. there is seating for all but to get a good seat, and you will want one, you need to be quick. You may think its boring at the start of the night but WOW it gets better by nine oclock. All the staff are friendly very helpfull. Worth every penny plus more. I would have paid more than I did for this holiday.

• Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Uckfield, East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

We had to cancel our week in Cornwall so took this weekend break at short notice. It could not have been more enjoyable. Everything from the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food and accommodation, the range of activities and the superb entertainment (Herman's Hermits) was excellent. I shall definitely return and would recommend this establishment to anyone without reservation! Congratulations to Roy, the Manager and all the staff on such a wonderful establishment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Each time I visit (twice a year) some improvements have been made. This time, they've added a G alongside every menu item that contains gluten (wheat).

Unfortunately they have bowed down to the whims of the selfish few who insist on parking their cars right outside their (or YOUR!) chalet, which totally ruins the atmosphere and views. You used to wake up and look out to a care-free zone, now you feel as though you are sleeping in a car park. Now the Warners brochure is misleading, because you won't see all those cars in front of the chalets.

Food- brilliant! Entertainment - wonderful! Price - more than fair!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

My sister and I stayed here for a long weekend at a bargain price. It was my 4th time at a Warner location and her second. It suits me but after this visit my sister won't be persuaded to go again. (My partner also tried it once and said "never again".) Whether you like Warner depends on what you want: some people obviously like the entertainment and opportunity to socialise, which doesn't interest us; we just want a decent base for sightseeing, walking, etc. I have always found the Warner style suits me as I just want to be out and about and I've always been lucky with the weather, but paying for the most basic room means I would not want to spend more time in it than necessary - if I wanted a higher standard of accommodation I would upgrade or go to a hotel. There is also a marked difference between the types of Warner properties and in my experience, the basic accommodation at the seaside resorts is very basic indeed. However, as a base Norton Grange is fine: beautifully situated overlooking the seafront with an attractive terrace; lovely staff who were all friendly and helpful; buses stop right outside the entrance and for keen walkers, the coastal path is just beyond the terrace. I would happily go back to the property or try another; if only Warner did more single rooms I'd stay with them much more often.

• Stayed August 2009
south england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have been to 90% of the Warner Hotels, my wife and I loved "Norton Grange" the best. Since my wife died in 2009, I have been back to Norton, now, approx 45 times. The Isle of Wight is such a wonderfull Island, but the star attraction is "Norton Grange" sited on the very edge of the Solent, the staff treat you more like family than guests, the accomadation is hardly the Ritz, but very comfortable, clean, and well laid out, the food is surperb, the entertainment is really top notch, when I read negative reviews from people who have spent a 3 night, all in, weekend here for less than £200 pp (problably including ferry crossing) I get very angry, they either never read the brochure, or just love to find fault and complain. Keep doing what you do "Norton Grange" cant wait to be back
Terry Mc Carthy, Blackheath, London

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

We booked this break, 5 nights, thro' a Saga promotion. It was a good price, and you could say we got what we paid for. Stayed Wednesday to Monday. Chalet , in Downend block, was a good size, but shabby and grubby, mould and mildew on window frames, in bedroom and bathroom. Apparently going to be refurbished in 2010.
Came home on Sunday to find room hadn't been services - told it was normal practice for Sunday and we should have been told - well, we weren't! However, lots of hot water and good hot radiators, good for drying towels.
Breakfast and dinner included in price -the former was excellent, the latter ok. What was good was the table service from our Polish waitress. She really looked after us well.
Swimming pool showers were out of action - again, we were told being refurbished but nothing seemed to happen when we were there. Meant there was 1 shower, next to pool, and changing area upstairs - so a queue for shower at times. Bubble pool was cold!!
There was a lot of evening entertainment and activities during the day - so good if you didn't feel like going out.
Location was lovely - could sit in lounge and look over the Solent - and in good weather a large terrace.
Parking is a long way from chalets, although can take car to door to unload luggage.
On site shop is useful - papers, gifts, clothes even so very handy.
Would have been nice to have internet access - not even WiFi available.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

We have been to Norton Grange lots of times, but now we have free bus passes, we decided to go on ferry as "walk on passengers" It took us exactly 15mins walk to reception at Norton Grange from ferry terminus. A bus stop is directly outside Norton Grange for easy travel all over the island.
I cannot fault anything at Norton Grange, from the staff to facilities. The entertainment team lead by David James is second to none, the shows they perform are brilliant. The chalets are clean and well heated if needed. Good swimming pool and whirlpool.
Will be back again, and again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Warner Norton Grange Coastal Resort? Share your experiences!