“High Tea” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seaview
Cannock, United Kingdom
“High Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

A birthday treat!!....Homemade scone,jam and clotted cream, Victoria sponge, sea buckthorn tart, chocolate and hazelnut biscuit, macaroon, honey cake, Priory Posset, salted caramel, honeycomb, cucumber and juniper sandwich, salmon open sandwich, tea... and upgrade to accompanying glass of champagne :-)
What a lovely venue, I will return to enjoy both the venue, tea and the lovely staff. What an interesting, beautiful place...... relaxed atmosphere....great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Fabulous views from the dining area, fantastic spacious and country feeling rooms, clean and we'll stocked even little things like cotton buds were provided, breakfast and evening meal were delicious and the service was impeccable would love to go back and see some more of it.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a great balcony available
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

As you approach the Hotel grounds the magnificent vista of the sea is breath taking. Once inside the characteristic Hotel you are welcomed by the friendly staff. Every area of this Hotel is full of character and you feel relaxed immediately. The bedroom we stayed in had a French country theme and extremely spacious with fabulous views of the grounds.
The evening meal was presented to us in the theme of the Ocean dining room as was breakfast. Both meals were delicious and in the category of fine dining. The head waiter was very professional and gave us the personal touch by recognising that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and with that gave us 2 glasses of champagne.
We would recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting to have that extra special experience of a Hotel with charm and character.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I came across the Priory Bay many years ago whilst visiting friends on the Island. Although promising ourselves we would stay sometime we had never quite got around to it. However, as a birthday surprise for my wife, I booked a two night stay in February. We were not disappointed.

The hotel and grounds are just exceptional. It is a grand old English country house, beautifully furnished, expertly combining classical and contemporary styles. The staff were very welcoming and extremely helpful. But the highlight for us was the dining experience. The food and the service could not be faulted. They take great pride in the quality of their food and drink which they endeavour to source locally and like everything else in the hotel shows great attention to detail.

It was a memorable, relaxing experience that certainly exceeded my expectation.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Its been a few years since I stayed at Priory Bay, and whatever issues they had with service and food have been completely solved. We had a great weekend, friendly staff, comfortable (premier) room and the grounds and building are fantastic. If you want a lively, loud weekend then Priory Bay is probably not for you, but for a quiet retreat from the city it is perfect

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were looking forward to our Sunday Lunch at the Priory Bay Hotel. When we booked the table the staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. We had decided to treat ourselves because the awful winter had been so depressing and we wanted something to lift our gloom.

Well we got it. The dining room (which may have been the oyster bar?) was a bit cold and stark. The tables and chairs were, I think, rustic wooden chic) only for me not so much chic.

But what was exemplary and made us feel special and valued and glad to be there, was the service from the staff. They were warm, friendly and helpful but still unobtrusive. The food was exceptional. The quality and flavour of the food was marvellous and the care that had been taken to present the dish was evident. I had three courses and I can only praise each one. The food was divine. We have stayed at the Ritz in London and although the decor of Priory Bay cannot be considered in the same breath, the food I genuinely think, was comparable.

After lunch we sat by a roaring log fire to have coffee. We were there for at least 2 and a half hours and it seemed like moments. The views are great and I am sure that if it would ever stop raining, the grounds would be interesting to explore and go down to the beach.

Customer service - 10 stars out of 10 - food 10 stars out of 10. It was expensive but we will be back.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Despite staying away for approximately 100 nights a year on business, this is my first Tripadvisor submission!!! Here's why...

Everything about this hotel is superb, but what stands out above the rest from my point of view is the customer service. Being a bit of an 'old git', I remember how service used to be, and the staff at this hotel are still following the traditions of making their guests feel welcome and special.

I get a little frustrated by some reviewers who go on and on about the quality of pillows, depth of carpets, 'had to ask for more instant coffee for my room' etc. etc. For me, being away from home frequently, I want to feel comfortable in my surroundings, and be helped by staff who really give a damn!

In particular, I would like to mention Ralph on Reception - what a gentleman, and how genuinely determined to provide excellent customer service. This doesn't exclude other members of staff, but you can be guaranteed of a smile and a warm welcome from Ralph every time.

My advice is don't visit the Ryde / Seaview area without trying to get a room at the Priory Bay as your first choice, but please leave a room for me!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Priory Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!