“Great food and a fantastic spa” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great food and a fantastic spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I went on a spa day with a group of 12 family members for a 40th birthday. The Spa was wonderful and they tried there very best to organise all 12 the best they could. We ordered our food when we arrived at 10am. We had a great choice of two courses from a three course menu. Some of us had our treatments and the rest used the spa facilities. Lunch was suppose to be at 1pm. But some treatments over ran. The spa communicated with the Kitchen and Vice verse. We were sat for lunch in the main restaurant, which is vast and laking in something, that none of us could put our finger on. The view is lovely. We were served bread while we waited. This was delicious. Three different types (the waiting staff didn't tell us what they were). Served with oil and vinegar and butter. My starter was the chicken livers. It was very tasty, well presented on the plate and a good sized portion. For main I had the Rump of Lamb, again lovely. The waiting staff didn't present the meal as I would expect. I had forgotten what the components of my meal were by the time it arrived. I would of liked a better description of my meal other than 'Lamb'. I also feel the dishes deserved more. I didn't have the dessert, but they all looked good and empty plates again all round. I also noticed that they had certain lunch deals on and snack menu's. They had a children's menu too. It looks like they try and source as much produce as possible from the island. Definitely worth a try. We found a spa package for £45 for a file and polish and facial or back massage. Which included a 2 course lunch.

• Visited February 2012