“excellent place to stay in cowes” 5 of 5 stars

One fifty Cowes
150 Park Road, Cowes PO31 7NE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Cowes B&B and Inns
Selkirk, Canada
“excellent place to stay in cowes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

First, the B and B is well located. We did not have a car, but we were able to walk to the B and b with our luggage right from the pedestrian ferry. Although the hostess made an offer to pick us up at the ferry terminal. The B and B is well located for walking into the town of Cowes and for catching the buses. the entire establishment was very clean. We appreciated the chocolates and fruit. As a bonus, our hostess delivered pots of tea to our room on more than one occasion, which was most appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A superior B & B in an excellent position in Cowes and the Isle of Wight as it is near the ferry terminal and local bus service around the island.

A warm & welcoming “home from home” with interesting “nic nacs” throughout the house with stylish bedrooms, some with spectacular sea views and modern, luxurious bathrooms.
I especially liked the “finishing touches” in the rooms such as the furnishings, fruit and tea making facilities.I particularily liked the binoculars in the room to make the most of the sea views!

A selection of excellent hot & cold breakfasts prepared on request and served in the conservatory. Stayed a week but didn’t get bored at all with the selection available due to the variety available.

An “easy going” attitude by the owners made it a very enjoyable stay. I was greatly impressed that as a solo traveller I wasn't penalised in any way and infact feel not only I was given the best room in the house - for a change - but have made new friends from my visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
stoke on trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at One Fifty for 5 nights while running the local marathon. Paula bent over backwards to make our stay a great one. We arrived earlier than expected and she pulled out all the stops to ensure our room was ready. She fulfilled all of our peculiar running requests such as keeping our water bottles topped up, splitting our breakfast on marathon day into two sessions and making sandwiches for after the race. The room was lovely with everything we needed and extra touches such as chocolate and fresh fruit. I am missing the lovely view of the harbour since leaving. The breakfasts were lovely and filling, with plenty of choice. There was parking for two cars in front of the house with spaces in the street and on a public car park over the road. The location was ideal, about 10 mins walk to Cowes. Would definitely stay again if we visit the isle again.

Room Tip: Solent had a lovely view of the sea at the back of the house with ensuite shower room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

First time visitors to 150. Very welcoming hostess, we found the rooms immaculate with plenty of little touches like fresh fruit, coffee/tea facilities, and even some chocolates.The breakfast was freshly made to order, and better than many hotels I have stayed in.
Only a short walk to the centre of Cowes
We would definitely stay here again. Thanks Paula for making our weekend so pleasurable.
Dave (Jeffrey) & Bev.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hedgerley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were returning guests to 150, and stayed for two nights. Paula is very welcoming, the house & guest rooms were spotless and the breakfast menu far more than you would expect from a B&B.

I would highly recommend 150, and a visit to Cowes, as both are charming - we will be back!!

Janet N

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle under lyme
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for the first time this week for two nights while I was here with work. I was welcomed on arrival by Paula the landlady who was lovely and carried my bags up to my room. There is four rooms in the hotel and I was in one facing the gardens at the back and just past there was a view of the sea. The room was beautiful all done in bright white with a lovely ensuite bathroom. It was the personal touches that made the difference, the individual chocolates and fruit and lovely toiletries. Had a great sleep for both nights as it is on a quiet residential street but is still only a short walk to Cowes where there is a variety of shops and restaurants/pubs. Breakfast was absolutely lovely and cooked fresh to order. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked this hotel not realising how small it actually was, reason for the trip was business on the Island, I booked 2 rooms for my manager & myself. Upon arrival I was met by Paula who welcomed us to her family home! I was at first a little concerned, Paula took us to the 3rd floor and our rooms were next to each other. When i stepped into the room I was delighted, what a beautiful room!! Attention to detail was everything from the fresh fruit to the dressing gown robes! The nicest surprise was the plunge pool style bath!! That evening we went out to arrive back and our beds had been turned down for the night and everything placed nicely in place ready just to jump into bed. Breakfast was lovely with a view of their beautiful garden & really nice quality food and beverages. Would love to visit again on a social visit to the Island! Would highly recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to One fifty Cowes? Share your experiences!