“Great food...great place...not to be missed.” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1983 242144
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brawn's of Cowes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European, Hamburgers
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A French Restaurant offering Fresh Seafood in Cowes Brawns is a small, intimate French Restaurant, located in the old quarter of Cowes town. Set in a Grade two listed Georgian building, sympathetically converted a few years ago. Charles Paul, owner and Chef, was trained in London, and having done a stage at the Fat Duck in Bray, went on to work for a high class restaurant in Cambridge. His inspiration for the food is to use high quality, fresh seasonal produce, locally sourced where possible. Diners will always find brasserie favourites on the a la carte menu, as well as some more modern offerings. The specials will change on a daily basis, to ensure there is something new to tempt you. Those looking for tasty food at excellent value can also choose from the set price midweek menu. The wine list will be small, but has been carefully chosen to compliment the food. Those on a budget will not be disappointed by the more affordable wines, as they have still been selected to impress.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food...great place...not to be missed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

The Isle of Wight and Cowes has a lot of great places to eat but this was for us our favourite of the weeks stay. The food was so good we went twice. This a must to visit for anyone who enjoys great food and wine in pleasant and relaxed surroundings.

• Visited April 2015

Liverpool
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

It's not often I have the time to remember my TripAdvisor password and sit down to write a review, but this little restaurant more than deserves the effort it's taken! A friend and I visited last Sunday whilst waiting for our afternoon ferry back to Southampton. Although it's very discreet location-wise (blink and you miss it if you're not actively looking for it!), the food and staff were truly fantastic. I work in weddings and event management and have seen my fair share of excellent food and service in my time, but this was right up there with the best of them, and all for a very reasonable price from the set menu (best burger and chips I have ever had and the chocolate fondant was incredible). My only wish is that I was an islander so that I could visit so much more. We look forward to hopefully visiting again on our next trip over!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Price Guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

Good meal, good service.
Menu a little limited with a choice of 4 staters, 4 mains and 4 desserts.
3 course meal, with 1 bottle of wine, and a glass of port.
3 people.
£130.

waterlooville
“A fantastic meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

We have had so many disappointing experiences eating out that we didn't approach our first visit to Brawns with too much optimism but it was simply fantastic. Simple, refined, high quality food which was value for money. The wine list is excellent but not stupidly exepensive. My wife had the Bream and I had the trio of Pork. I would throughly recommend this wonderful eating place. We look forward to eating there again.

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Wonderful food in charming, intimate restaurant in Cowes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

We booked at the last minute during a short break in Cowes. Brawns is a charming, intimate restaurant on the High Street. Short menu, with around 5 choices per course, which is good as it allows the chef to concentrate on a few excellent dishes and makes choosing much easier. I had one of the specials as a starter: crab and lobster ravioli, which was very tasty - perfectly cooked, with an intensely flavoured sauce. My partner had grilled goat cheese with beetroot salad. This was also very good, with a large slice of cheese, which was soft and ripe inside. My roasted guineau fowl main was superb, with the breast in particular cooked to perfection, without a hint of dryness. It was complemented by smoked mashed potato, something I've never had before, a really tasty and interesting accompaniment. My partner had the sea bass, which came as a generous portion of two fillets, again cooked perfectly, with crispy skin. The accompanying vegetables were also very good. For dessert, we shared a chocolate fondant, which was the best I've ever had, with a delightfully gooey interior. With a very decent bottle of wine and a couple of liqueurs, the bill came to about £85, which, for such excellent food, is very good value indeed. The service was faultless: friendly and attentive without being over-bearing. My partner's serious food allergies were taken very seriously and catered for without any problems. We would definitely return here, and and can recommend this restaurant highly.

• Visited March 2015