“Excellent location for outside people watching and good food...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent location for outside people watching and good food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having worn my feet out from parading the esplanade for the second day of Cowes Week, I was on my way back to East Cowes when I thought I could just go a coffee before I left. Tonino has a lovely couple who are his regulars to thank for my stopping as they looked so content sitting outside his place with their coffees and sunday morning papers, I thought I would join them.
I ordered a Stilton Rarebit, which was delicious, served with a little side salad which included cold cooked mushroom - different and the Rarebit was gorgeous, and latte served nice n hot.
I got chatting to the couple, lovely people...the Morris Dancers started dancing, playing music and singing, all in all one of those moments for which to thank "destiny"!
Staff really friendly, service great and very "ornate" ladies room!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
“Invisibility Cloak”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Got told it was great, complete opposite. Half the staff looked at us like we had caused them a great problem just by walking through the door, and as soon as we were sat at our table, it was like we weren't even there. Food was ok at best, and the owner needs to give his staff a slap. Best thing I could find to say. Never going again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic evening out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Treated my partner to a birthday meal here. They were very busy but we were seated quickly. The steak and tiger prawns were fantastic. My extremly fussy partner had the lasagne and loved it. She didn't have room for a sweet but they didn't mind her having an extra spoon to share mine. I was less pleased with this as their homemade Tirimasu was out of this world. I can never eat a supermarket one again now I know how they are supposed to taste. A great night out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Lovely Italian feel. Great food and service. Pizzas are a good size. Nice and lively and busy.would recommend it.

Visited July 2013
UK
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

8 of us ate out at Toninos this weekend. The food was average at best. My husband and I had crayfish tails to start, which were freezing cold, watery mouthfuls of disappointment - clearly fresh from the freezer. The prawns were similarly unpleasant. Main portions were large, but again absolutely unremarkable - I had the spaghetti bolognese which left me feeling uninspired. I would suggest it's pricey for the quality, although the service was very good and reasonably prompt. Won't be rushing back here.

• Visited May 2013