“A wonderful independent cafe!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Tring
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Orlando, Florida
“A wonderful independent cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

It's quite easy to walk straight passed this little cafe on the corner and I'm sure many people do on their way to Costa Coffee, but they are missing out. The owner is fantastic, I've been in twice with my mum and he is friendly and helpful and most importantly makes an excellent hand-crafted coffee.
They have a whole range of coffees and food on offer and can really tell that they care about what they are serving.
My advice: skip the chain coffee houses (even The Akeman - the staff here are pretty terrible) and try The Cog.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hemel hempstead
“Cycling heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stopped at this cafe on a Sunday morning bike ride, very busy however the service and food were great. Ordered 3 coffees and 3 pieces of there orio cake And I can honestly say the food and drink was to die for. The atmosphere inside was brilliant everyone chatting and generally relaxed. I will now be making this a regular pit stop on my Sunday cycle route.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tring, United Kingdom
“Great little cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

It's great to see this cafe given a new twist and i've been really pleased with the service, food and atmosphere whenever i've gone in. The staff are friendly and the menu is great. I've had some lovely cakes here and my mum and I were very happy with the paninis we shared here recently. Fresh and delicious! I have yet to try their breakfast but I have it on good authority from fellow Tring friends that they do the best in town. Looking forward to my next trip!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hertford, United Kingdom
“What a fab little cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Met up with a friend for lunch here today and I am really pleased we did - lovely little cafe, couple of seats outside in the sun (which we took advantage of!), the best tuna melt panini I've ever had (tasty whole grain panini with cheddar cheese and tuna mayo, accompanied by a delicious homemade slaw and crisps) and a moist, tasty, huge slice of homemade carrot cake for dessert.

Add to this a lovely team and great, friendly service and the only problem you'll encounter is choosing what to order from the menu!

Tring
“Best cafe in Tring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love this little gem. Seriously good coffee, great personal service. The home baked cakes and biscuits are to die for, and the breakfasts are genuinely the best in town... Really wouldn't go anywhere else. Highly recommend!

• Visited March 2014