“Awesome!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cow Lane, Tring HP23 5QY, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tring
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Got married here last year and has such an amazing time hat we decided to book here for our first anniversary and it was still as amazing as ever. The grounds are awesome the service is awesome as is the food. We stayed in the same suit as last time and it was very clean only slight negative thing it's the bedrooms are slightly worn. But still very nice. Will definitely being staying there again and will recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Jksuperhero Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary and welcome back!
It’s lovely to welcome back couples who celebrated their weddings with us.
Thanks for your kind comments and recommendation’s – we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
sutton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and friends for a charity ball and had a lovely stay. The building is lovely and set in such a tranquil setting. Lovely peacocks roaming around the grounds and the sound of sheep in the distance. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room rate was very reasonable (including breakfast). Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We didn't get around to using the spa so I cannot comment. I can't say that I saw threadbare carpets as I have seen mentioned in other reviews and nothing jumped out at me as needing decorating, although to be honest I was busy having a nice time and didn't walk around the whole hotel. The main staircase is lovely with a beautiful chandelier (with all bulbs working,one of my foibles !) The dinner at the ball was very tasty, the service was excellent as very well staffed. The bar was still open when we finally gave in at 2am. I didn't hear a single noise during the night, despite the hotel being very large and our room overlooking the car park. We were impressed enough to bid on and win a nights stay with breakfast and dinner at a later date. The only negative I can mention and it is purely down to personal taste is the absolutely awful and scary painting mounted on the smaller staircase, it doesn't fit with the surroundings and I couldn't bear to look at it...disturbing !

Room Tip: We stayed in room 115 overlooking the car park, there was no noise at all during the night. The view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you ladyofleisureSutton for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your kind comments. It is encouraging to read that every aspect of your stay, from the meal at the function you attended, followed by a good night’s sleep through to breakfast was enjoyable and that my colleagues provided good service throughout.
I hope you won the auction for another night’s stay with us, if not please do visit our website for our latest offers. Either way I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bicester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went for a function and stayed over,the hotel looked nice from the outside and some of the rooms were nice the Shakespeare bar was ok small and not much outside seating considering the size of the grounds .the room for afternoon tea looked nice ,which we were told was fully booked but sat outside it all afternoon and never had more than a handful of people in there so why we couldn't of had afternoon tea there not sure.the whole experience was ok would we return no probably not.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room and the decor was very outdated and tired looking the bathroom fittings...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Jaynemck for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am sorry that our Peacock lounge was evidently fully booked and hope that you enjoyed your afternoon tea in the sunshine. I do hope you will come and visit us again – please do let me know, I would like to make sure that we can accommodate you in our Peacock lounge next time
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at this wonderful, charming Manor House hotel many many times and are hoping to go back again in a couple of weeks. We cannot say enough goods things about this place. All the staff are so helpful and friendly.The heated indoor swimming pool is gorgeous and when the weather is good, it so nice to sit on the sun loungers outside the pool area and relax. The grounds of the manor house are very beautiful, with many peacocks roaming freely around. We always book dinner, bed and breakfast and have enjoyed every meal we have had. The breakfasts are especially nice! There is so much choice available.
We can't wait to go back and enjoy a nice bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose in the bar or in the Rose Gardens watching one of the many weddings.
Ian & Louise

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian C Thanks for visiting us again and for your positive review. It is a particular pleasure to welcome back our returning guests. I am delighted to read that we did not disappoint and that you again enjoyed every aspect of your stay.
I and my colleagues are looking forward to your imminent visit – the Laurent Perrier Rose is already in ice awaiting you!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good location in a country manor close enough to London to catch the train in but far enough away to be a reasonable cost and fairly spacious rooms etc. In fairness it is more of a wedding venue and romantic getaway than a business hotel and they certainly lack the ability to provide basic office services such as scanning etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S; Thank you for your comments, it is a particular pleasure to welcome our overseas guests. Thanks for your positive remarks. I’m sorry that you appear to have experienced some difficulty in having a document scanned, I really don’t know why that was a problem on this occasion but wanted to assure you that we are indeed able to provide these services to our guests. I hope you had a good return journey to New Zealand and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our country.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The misses and I just wanted a relaxing break and that’s what we got!

Research:

Sophia took my booking and she was very helpful as I had wanted a four poster room but she advised me for an £10 I could get an Executive, I then went on the off chance to see the difference in rooms and Elaine showed me the two rooms and the facilities.

The four posters are nice but only come in at a double bed size as I’m 6’3 I wanted a little extra room so went for the more spacious Executive room with the larger X2 double beds together size bed and plenty of room, there and then I requested room 220 which they held for me.

Weekend:

We checked in at 14:30 and that was quick and easy, I was also asked if I would like a paper for the following morning and breakfast in bed (extra £2pp).

As it was a beautiful Saturday and the sun was out we decided to walk around the grounds taking in the beautiful scenery, and looking for the infamous Peacocks (8 on-site).
The grounds have some nice wooded areas if you want to have a private smooch or drink and it’s also well maintained, please take the time to do this its so peaceful.

The rooms are dated but that being said I never felt short changed.
The shower is ok but its runs off the mains so there is not much power but it does the job.

I was informed that they are currently in the process of renovating but with 73 rooms it will take time.

The lady on the reception was more then helpful when I requested train times and provided me with to and from times.

Summery:

Pendley Manner is an old Hotel and with that you have to take the good and the bad, and their really ain’t that much bad.

We had a wonderful night and a good, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I was in room 220 which is an Executive. The room is located at the front of the hotel over looki...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rocwild, thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of your stay with us. It is good to read that your encounters with various member of the team were positive and helpful. We are all pleased that you both had such an enjoyable stay; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I had booked a romantic one night break for me and my partner.
On entrance we were politely greeted (although it took a while to be noticed) and our bags were carried up to our room for us.
The room was beautiful, with a four poster bed and beautiful antique furniture, the only fault with the room was that some of the furniture was a bit battered but personally I felt this added to the antique, old fashioned effect.
The grounds and inside the hotel were absolutely beautiful with a grand staircase and chandelier!
We had dinner included on the night, we were served the most beautiful food and the service was excellent, definitely worth it's rating.
My only disappointment was breakfast the next morning, we arrived down at about 9o clock and there was little food left, the food clearly had not been refilled since breakfast had started! The hot buffet was reasonably stock, but there was very little cold food such as fruit left, which was something I was looking forward to!
All in all a great break away and I will defiantly be returning in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you Bubbles-sb for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
It is great to read that you and your partner had such an enjoyable stay: your remarks concerning your accommodation, dinner and service are much appreciated and will be shared with my colleagues. I am sorry to read that the selection of fruit etc was depleted when you came down for breakfast. The buffet is replenished during the course of service and should be as plentiful at 9 am as it was at 7. I will follow that through with the restaurant team, thank you for bringing you observation to my attention.
Delighted to read that you will be returning soon, we look forward to welcoming you back

Been to Pendley Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!