“I'm not a vegetarian” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Tring
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Organic, vegetarian small restaurant behind a cook shop
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“I'm not a vegetarian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm not veggie but my friend likes this place so we always visit if I'm in the area. The cafe/restaurant is in the rear area of a cookware shop on Tring High Street. There's always a great choice of interesting food on the menu and always more than one option that I fancy. The staff/owners clearly love food and cooking and really put their heart & soul into the dishes they create. I love the freshness of the food. Many of the perishables are grown on the outskirts of the town. The portions are generous and the prices reasonable, the only thing I don't like is the closeness of the tables. That said, although a party sat at the table right next to us, I wasn't actually disturbed by them at all. Very clean. Very knowledgeable staff if your that way inclined.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Nice coffee, shocking service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

A party of 9 of us went for coffee and cake on a quiet Sunday afternoon. We ordered cakes and a couple of scones as well as hot drinks. The drinks were made promptly, but were left on the counter for about 10 minutes before they made it to our table. Unfortunately, we'd finished our drinks well before the cakes appeared. We chased them up three times only to be told that they needed the chef to warm up the scones but didn't know where he was!
The cakes and scones arrived about 30 mins after we had ordered - they were quite nice and obviously homemade.
My brother in law then realised he had been overcharged, so we had to wait again for him to be refunded.
Overall, not a great experience. Sort out the service and this place would be quite pleasant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“good food and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

there is a simplicity to achieving quality and Anusia has it

the food is uncomplicated but very tasty
the carrot cake is devine
the friendly welcome is appreciated
the play area for children upstairs is such a good addition

there is an outside dining area but i have not been there so cannot comment but the upstairs and downstairs are perfect

if in tring, you wont go far wrong with this family welcoming and uncomplicated. Simply perfect dining

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Sambolic and disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife is vegetarian and had wanted to eat here for some time.
Although we had to send my wife's main course back because it was cold in the middle the food is pretty nice. In a way that's a reall complement from me as I am not vegetarian and find that generally I don't like a veggie menu. But this food was nie and filling too.

Sadly this whole place was let down by a shambolic front of house. We arrived at 8pm and did not have our main course until 10pm.... They forgot our drinks so after 45mins we had to get up from the table and ask for them again. The starter took 1hr to come and we then waited another hour for our main course. We weren't the only table encountering this, in fact all of the tables around us were in the same situation.

Don't eat here unless you have lots of time on your hands and at circa £40 a head i was expecting more.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“The burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited soon after we realised that the premises were not just a cook shop, but also a cafe/restaurant. We had been to the previous incarnation of this restaurant (was it the Green House?) on two occasions and were disappointed when it closed down.

We soon came to the conclusion that it was the same people running Anusia when we recognised a face from last time around - we think he may be the owner. A further clue was that the prices were still quite healthy, although we felt that you certainly got what you paid for in terms of service and most importantly, quality of the food.

We both opted for the vege burger and our server commented on the fact that this was a big meal and that we were unlikely to finish it all, however we both knew that that would be unlikely as we were both pretty hungry. The food did not arrive quickly, but we were not in a rush and the server did reassure us that the food was freshly prepared. When our meals did arrive it was worth the wait. The burger came with bun, salad, coleslaw, wedges and relish and the flavours, freshness and presentation were spot on.

We will be back soon. Keep up the good work.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere