“Birthday boob!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday boob!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Took my son to dinner - waitress/owner? very attentive but to the point of gushing especially when it came to drinks - did we want more? - constantly. Perroni in small bottles cost £3.50 which is ridiculous - other places sell it at £4 per pint (draught). 2 of us ordered starters but I didn't like any and asked for paté - none available. I had spaghetti bolognese - more spaghetti than bolognese - if I'd bought some mince and a ready made sauce it would have been a thousand times better - ridiculously salty to the point that I had to leave half of it - perhaps a ploy to make me buy more Perronis! My son had a seafood pasta which looked very unappetising - let us hope he is not ill tonight. Wife had chilli/garlic spaghetti - portion very small (£8.50) in comparison to our meals. Garlic bread ordered but forgotten until reminded. Home made Tiramisu ordered by all of us - absolutely disgusting - I left mine. Presentation? Squirty cream and 2 strawberries with ice cream at the side. I've eaten out at many restaurants and that is the worst meal I've ever had. My poor son was quite upset as it was his birthday celebration - he was not expecting to eat in a third rate café either which is what it amounted to!! Carpet disgustingly grubby/tatty too - in retrospect we should have walked out - first instinct!

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Tring, United Kingdom
“Francesco's Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We've been going regularly to Francesco's in Tring for several years and have always found it an enjoyable experience, both from the food and the warm Italian welcome. The food is fresh, tasty and well-cooked, the pizzas made in the traditional Neapolitan way are authentically delicious and often enjoyed by the whole family. We would review this restaurant as good, honest, Italian cooking with a warm, homely atmosphere, a welcome change from the cold, impersonal service and overcomplicated Anglo-Italian menu often found in the more well-known chains which do not reflect traditional Italian cooking (according to person who has lived for 3 years in Italy).

• Visited September 2012
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Great menu and fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I cannot believe some of the negatives reviews of Francesco's, as we have never had a bad meal there. It's a family run establishment and the owners are so friendly. Excellent, personal service, freshly prepared food and a jolly good house wine. Why visit a chain when you can have authentic Italian food freshly prepared and support a genuine local business?

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Freshly made at all times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Been coming here for many years we always get a warm welcome . We've never had a problem with the food and always comes out really hot . I would also recommend to friends .

Amersham, England, United Kingdom
“Suspect poor ratings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We've dined here many times; most recently today. Very good check-tablecloth establishment. Authentic Italian fare, frest and well prepared, modest wine list. If you remember Zabaglione (pudding) they do it, and it's worth going for.
I view the negative reviews with suspicion. For a start, they don't own a microwave! Possibly competitors or people they've upset on some other level.
We've never been disappointed at Francescos, and would suggest you give them a visit,

• Visited September 2012