I was really surprised at this hotel being 4*. A little disappointed. The hotel was being decorated and therefore the hotel and rooms smelt strongly of paint. I woke up with a headache in the morning. The bathroom was very standard and probably needs modernising. The complimentary toiletries were poor. No bath robes. I think the hotel needs a face lift. The carpets in the corridors were covered in paint.
On a more positive note the food in the restaurant, both lunch time and evening, was fantastic. I wouldn't reside in the hotel again but would recommend eating in the restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel Letchworth
- Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel
- Letchworth Hall Hotel
- Mercure Letchworth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished & Relaunched in Nov 09 Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel is a true 4 star hotel. Dating back to 1625 this quintessential Olde English Manor house retains many of its Jacobean features which have been tastefully restored. The Hotel is set in 8 acres of gardens including a developing meadow which attracts Mont Jaq Deer and Letchworth's Black Squirrels. Letchworth Hall is ideally located for exploring the picturesque market towns of Hitchin and Baldock & the larger towns of Luton and Cambridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Mercure Letchworth Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.