“Anniversary Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Kington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Much Wenlock, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have never been to the Stagg, but this came warmly recommended by a friend. Lovely setting in the Herefordshire countryside. 3 course meal and a very nice bottle of wine, did not break the bank! we are bowled over by the quality of the food, one of the better meals we had this year! don't care who far I have to travel to get there, we will go again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Went with two friends for dinner and we were not disappointed. 3 of us had the scallops for starter and they were cooked to perfection. The main courses were fantastic. Two of us had the belly pork and this was the tastiest main I'd ever had. We had a slight problem in that my friend's plate didn't have the faggots on but this was rectified by the staff with a dish with plenty of faggot brought to the table. My wife's steak was cooked to perfection. All of the deserts were fantastic but my bread and butter pudding was out of this world. A fantastic evening in a lovely setting. The beer and wine were very good and nice touches with homemade crisps and focaccia bread. I don't mind paying a bit extra when the food and service is as good as this.

Visited May 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Sunday night out with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went with friends to The Stagg on Sunday evening and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience.From the warm welcome by Nicola and Barnaby to the ambience in the restaurant and the superb food everything was first class.It certainly remains Herefordshire's premier dining venue with good sized portions of beautifully presented food with great textures and tastes. Between us we had a varied selection from the menu and everyone agreed that everything was to a very high standard.The wine list has good wines to suit all tastes and pockets and the coffee' s and petite fours finished the evening off perfectly.So to sum up TheStagg remains as good as ever!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Went for a "Birthday Treat" , we both had 3 delightful courses . The main course of Roast Beef was delicious and the service was excellent , couldn't fault it !

Visited April 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Mother's Day Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had heard a lot of favourable reports about this restaurant, and was really looking forward to this family experience. I had been warned in advance that it was not cheap, and was really a place for a special treat. I could not fault the attentive service, and the meals were served quite promptly. If I am really honest there was little on the starter menu to tempt me, as it was based around the unusual. However I did enjoy the roasted beetroot that I chose. Each of us had roast beef as a main course. The redness of the meat suited five of the table, I ate it without complaint, and made sure I used the vegetables to cover it! The other plate was taken away to be re-cooked. Red beef is obviously loved by many, but I did think there could have been an option to have it well cooked. Everything served alongside the meat was perfection. The dessert menu was the real winner, and every dish that was served to the table was of the highest quality, so it was good, and the hostess made us feel very welcome.

• Visited March 2014