“Central and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Sydney, Australia
“Central and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a great pace to stay when visiting Hemel. Its very reasonable in cost and its location is brilliant. Right amongst the large shopping centre which has everything from tesco to topshop to resturants. The staff are extreamy helpful from check in to requests. Asked for an iron and ironboard, no problems. There is a bar and resturant within the building if you dont feel like going out. The rooms are brilliant. they are large, the beds are super comfy. You even get a choice of pillows. There is a tv and Tea making facilities but no fridge. The aircon in the higher rooms isnt great in the summer months which can make the rooms really stuffy. There is wifi but only for about 15 mintues then you have to pay. There is a starbucks downstairs at the start of the mall where you can log on for free. Stayed here twice within a matter of weeks and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The keycards are a bit sensitive so keep them away from your phones otherwise they get wiped and you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback about our hotel. We try to commit ourselves in being the best in the area, and making sure all our guests have a comfortable stay with us.

I will pass the message on to all the staff, and I am very happy that you had a good stay with us and hope you enjoyed your time here. I do hope you had a lovely new year, and we will hopefully see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Another good night at a Premier Inn, I have been making much use of them this year!

I was on the PI website and looking for somewhere to stay within an hour of Heathrow for a midday flight on a Saturday. I managed to book this PI for £34 which represents excellent value in my opinion.

It is well located for shopping if you have the time being above / in the shopping centre and there a number of restaurants in the area (spotted an all you can eat Chinese) however we used the hotel restaurant on this occasion.

Check in was quick and efficient and the room was clean and the temperature was ideal. Comfy bed which I now expect at a PI!

Restaurant was good, not too busy and bar was very quiet for Friday night. It was quite cold and when the waitress saw my husband popping back to the table with jumpers and hoodies she offered to turn the heating down... a thoughtful touch.

We parked in the multi storey, there was plenty of spaces at 8pm on a Friday, and used the walkway directly to the hotel, passed Debenhams. It was lit luckily as they were doing some repear work to the slabs, I don't think I would have been worried about walking along this route this if I had been on my own, we passed several people on the short walk.

The only thing which we did find confusing was the Magic Roundabout sequence which once you realise that you are driving round it the wrong way makes it clear how to get into the hotel.

It took us 25 minutes to get to Heathrow (West Drayton side) on a Saturday morning leaving at 8.30am. I would definitely use this hotel again for Heathrow stopover where I am not needing a carpaking space for the duration of the trip and I don't have to be there too early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback about our hotel. We like to make sure all our guests feel welcome and at home with us, making your stay as comfortable as possible. I hope you managed to figure out the ‘magic’ roundabout, I know it can be quiet confusing! I hope you had a lovely Christmas, and have a lovely new year! We do hope to see you again in the future.

Cheshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I picked a premier inn as I have stayed before and found them functional however I will never stay here again. The hotel boasts free parking however you need to realise this is just parking within the nearby multi storey which means two things... Firstly you are reliant on finding a space which is not easy during the week before Xmas and secondly ( and most importantly) it means having to be alone in a daunting multi storey as a female at night!!! Not good at all and had I known I would not have booked

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feedback. The car park we use is owned by riverside and all our guests get free parking. The car park has cctv in it, and has around the clock security personnel aswell for everyone’s safety.

Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went to stay at the Hemel Hempstead Central Premier Inn for the night after doing the Harry Potter Studio tour – this was ideal as it was only a short drive from the Studios and had free parking. The staff were really helpful and it would have been the perfect stay if it hadn’t been so hot in there. The window restrictor meant that we could only open the window about an inch and, despite leaving the window open all night, it was still so hot in the morning that we had to put the air conditioning on. Not really what you expect in November so I dread to think what it might be like in summer!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feedback about the hotel. We are aware of the hot rooms and the air conditioning in the rooms. We have been approved to having new air conditioning units fitted in the new year. I hope you had a fantastic time at the Harry Potter Studios. Have a lovely Christmas and a New Year.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Apart from the budget price, the whole experience was well above the budget category. From the welcome on arrival to the goodbye at the end of our stay, the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating in everything they did for us. The warmth and care offered was brilliant throughout. I guess they are well chosen for their post and also well trained in their roles. The duty manager, Aireen, was very professional and caring. She was backed up by an excellent team also. Thanks Premier. It seems that you do what's on the tin !!!

By Robert in Norwich.

Room Tip: Go high for quietness.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Robert,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment about the hotel and its staff. The comments have been pasted on to Aireen, and all the staff who were on with her. We do hope to see you in the future, and I would like to wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Aussie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I booked 4 nights from 26 to 30 November through the hotel website. As we were arriving in the late evening we rang and emailed the hotel to inform them that we would be late but that we would definitely be there. On arrival we were given room 312 which is a disabled room. The room was disgusting, it looked and smelt like a hospital room. The bed was only double size ( great for 1 person) and it was as hard as a rock and extremely uncomfortable. There was one chair in the room and it had a very large white stain on it..... No way would I want to sit on it.
The receptionist refused to allocate us to another room as the hotel apparently only had one room left vacant and it was the same as this room.
As we didn't feel that this room was even worth staying in for one night we decided to go to another hotel. The receptionist refused to give us our money back which I find unacceptable due to the fact that the room was disgusting and it was not a no show. Considering the ad says " get a great nights sleep or your money back" I believe I should get my money back as there was no way we would be able to have had a great nights sleep in that bed.
I contacted Premier inn to give feedback and to request for my money back but have had no reply.
I would NEVER stay there again and would highly recommend Boxmoor Lodge as the rooms are larger, cleaner and the amenities are better. Unlike Premier - the breakfast is included in the room price which then makes it a cheaper option too.
I have stayed in many hotels on my travels and would say that this is the only hotel that I have ever walked out off. If the customer is not satisfied then the money should be refunded.

Room Tip: Go to Boxmoor lodge - don't stay in room 312
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Hertfordshire - England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Was made to feel very welcome - by reception and restaurant staff - Dined twice - food was average and a bit cold - joice of menu was good -Bedroom was very clean and well maintained - although based in town - were on the 5th floor and did not hear any traffic noise - very impressed -lets hope the standard does not drop - you would not be disappointed if you stayed here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Sloanjovi,

thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
I am very happy to hear you felt very welcome by our entire team, ad that you found us to have a good menu choice (I do apologise that you found the food average and a bit cold). I am also glad to hear you found your room very clean and well maintained.
We like to keep our standards at their highest level.
We hope you stay again soon

Kind Regards

Sharnie D
Operations Manager
Premier Inn
Hemel Hempstead Central

Been to Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central? Share your experiences!