Have stayed here a couple of times now - short stays on both occasions.
Hotel is easy to find from the M1 and there is plenty of parking. Was greeted by a very friendly and professional receptionist and check in was very quick. IHG Rewards membership was acknowledged.
Was allocated a room on the ground floor which I found to be clean and well equipped with plenty of space. The bathroom was equipped with a limited selection of toiletries and decent towels. Coffee and tea making facilities are provided and there is also a room service menu. There is a good sized flat screen TV and a small desk / workspace with lighting. The only comment I would have about the room was that the bed was a bit soft - but I guess that's personal preference. There is also a choice of hard or soft pillows.
The restaurant was closed on Sunday evening (which I think is new?) so there was only a choice of a bar menu or room service if one wanted to eat in the hotel. I opted for the bar food. Whilst the service was very friendly and relatively quick, the food was rather bland and a bit dull. I've had better here before. Breakfast, however, was fine.
I didn't use the leisure facilities, but there is a health club with a nice pool available.
WiFi is now free (standard) for IHG Elite members - but this was rather confusing. When logging on there was no obvious free option as I have seen in other HI properties. I queried this with the front desk on departure as a charge had been added to my bill. Apparently I should have logged on using the free option - except that there wasn't one! To be fair the receptionist did remove the charge from my bill, but if you are an IHG Elite member it would be worth checking before you log in. Once connected the signal was good.
Staff - all staff I came into contact with were friendly and helpful.
So one or two very small glitches, but generally a good experience and I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 is in the perfect location for business and leisure guests. The hotel is easily accessible from M1 & M25 motorways and just 1 mile from The Snow Centre, 8 miles from Luton Airport, 21 miles from Heathrow Airport 19 miles from Wembley Stadium. Getting into London is easy as the hotel is just 10 minutes from Hemel train station with direct services into London Euston. Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead combines an excellent range of facilities with 144 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 19 Executive Rooms along with family and accessible rooms. The hotel also offers a Spirit Health Club with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness gym and health and beauty products & treatments. The hotel has conference and banqueting facilities that are a perfect venue for any occasion. These rooms all feature natural daylight, high speed internet connections and Starbucks Coffee. The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead offers 3 dining options; Traders restaurant, Lounge Bar and 24 hour room service. Here at Hemel Hempstead, we are proud to welcome families so why not take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer! The hotel is just 11 miles from Whipsnade Zoo, 27 miles from Woburn Safari Park and just 1 mile from the Snow Centre. A perfect way to keep those little ones amused! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead m1 j8 Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn