“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Room was very good, clean, comfortable and had a double bed and a single bed for our 9 year old, rather than the usual pull out settee which was nice. The hotel has a sauna, steam room and good sized pool which was well used by the families staying there but didn't feel crowded.
The restaurant I had mixed feelings about, the main courses were very good but the children's food wasn't great..very small portions and not very exciting looking or tasting. The waiter service that was automatically added to my bill was very poor and I was very unimpressed. Breakfast, there was plenty of choice -all self service but I thought it was lacking in flavour and was a bit disappointed.
Very close and convenient for the Harry Potter tour if that's why you're headed this way and we got the room at a good price (although upon booking in, we discovered breakfast was extra which is unusual for Holiday Inns). Would use again if had reason to be in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with the food in our restaurant, this will be fed back to our Head Chef. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with work and was having a chilled evening in my spacious and comfy room when I managed to trip a fuse causing the tv to stop working!! The staff attended immediately and fixed the problem. Well done, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback I am pleased my team were able to assist you promptly and that you enjoyed your stay.
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed over night 2/3/13 with National Holidays, for the Harry Potter tour the next day.Even before we got off the coach, we were made to feel welcome, by a lovely young man, who brought the room cards to save us waiting. He also greeted us at our meals,and is a credit to the hotel. Loved the hotel, staff were excellent, always smiling and so helpful, room was lovely ,the evening meal and breakfast were great with plenty of choice. They had an area just for the kids, showing Harry Potter movies, with drinks and snacks. Im planning to go back to Harry Potter, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made you feel welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel because were were going to the Harry Potter Studio Tour which is not too far away. It is also close to lovely St Albans. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. I thought the decor was looking a bit tired; especially the woodwork but I couldn't fault the cleanliness. Despite not being too far away from the M1 and right on a busy dual carriageway it was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very popular with Harry Potter visitors.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

thank you for a lovely stay. the manager lazuras, was so welcoming and sincere. rooms were modern and clean. very comfy bed. food was very nice and i ate far to much at dinner. it is modern and light. it is very close to the harry potter studio tour and i think would be a great choice for anyone visiting that area. only thing, i wish id known they had a pool as i didnt pack our cossies...
all in all very good

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
essex, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Usual high standard Holiday inn.

Bar area spacious and comfortable.
Comfortable and clean room, good nights sleep.
Breakfast great.

Staff very helpfull, Gym and pool very good.

As others have said, good base for Harry Potter studio tour.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased your enjoyed your stay with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm sorry to write this.
This is my second experience with this hotel, I didn't write my opinion the first time, just because it was "in average", nothing really interesting for the people.
But this time I was really disappointed:
arrived about 7:00pm, the room was freezing. I had to turn the heating on at the maximum power and I had to use 2 blankets; but, above all, the bath was really dirty: spots and hair.
I didn't take the shower because of that.
However, my worst suprise was the 2nd day coming back from work: the bath was still as it was; nobody cleaned it although the room was made..
My fault was that I had to complain, but I didn't.

Not only negative things: dinner was very good and breakfast excellent.

I want to believe that this was just an unlucky experience, and next time will be better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied during your stay with us. If you wish to discuss further please contact myself or my Operations Manager, Russell Phillips.

Been to Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8? Share your experiences!