Our group of three couples spent 3 nights at the hotel on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis from Monday 30th December 2013 to Thursday 2nd January 014.
On arrival we had a mx up on the "disabled" room for one couple.Tthe room was at the far end of a corridor and the longest distance from the main building p badly designed by someone obviously not disabled. But with a cheerful smile,. the receptionist sorted it out immediately.
It was that attitude with all the staff. Nothing was a problem, and everything was done with a cheery smile and a 'no problem'.
he NYE ev in the Garden Room was great. Although listed as a buffet, the starters were served. The main courses were served as table by table we were invited up to the 'buffet'. later the staff said that there was plenty more and just go up and take some more. he desserts were served as was coffee or tea.It was plain to see that all the staff pulled their weight and happily.
Wine and drinks from the 'bar' were inexpensive, not the usual charge them through the nose some places we have been to do.
Our stay was very pleasant despite the dreadful weather, enhanced by the constantly smiling faces around you.
he only criticism was the heating system in the bedrooms and the hot water for baths and showers. Sometimes sadly lacking. ut once again when we said our rooms were slightly chilly, heaters were brought immediately without complaint and still with a smile and an apology.
However we were told the hotel was going to have a new boiler system installed soon.
As I have said, we had a great time and the staff deserve a bonus from the management for their brilliant service.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Watermill
- Hemel Hempstead Best Western
- Best Western Hemel Hempstead
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western The Watermill Hotel, one of the finest modern Hotels in Hemel Hempstead is built around an old flour mill and offers excellent accommodations in Hemel Hempstead with a panoramic view of River Bulbourne threading through the property. Experience a serene, Old World retreat from bustling city life in this picturesque modern hotel. A convenient getaway venue with plenty of spacious free car parking. Watermill also offers wonderful amenities and hospitality for a relaxing stay, with convenient access to the area's tourist, industrial and commercial centres. Our hotel in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire include 71 tastefully appointed rooms, several with beautiful views of the lush green meadows and the River Bulbourne. A blend of refined luxury and and refreshing tranquility is sure to romance both leisure and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Watermill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.