“Albertos” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Albertos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

As a family we have been visiting Albertos since he came to the Old Town,we have never been disapointed as he always delivers the best in Italian cooking,service,and atmosphere for miles around.Alberto and his staff are always most curtious to all of there customers, however Alberto does have a cheeky twinkle in his eye! and a great sence of humour which we all love.We had our 30th wedding anniversary here and i can only say the whole day was absolutely fantastic,we had the whole restaurant booked with our fussy family and freinds and they loved the whole exsperienc !!.Well done Alberto keep up the good work, we will be back again next week for our usual Italian fix ! and to meet some of your regulars who we have got to meet and chat to for the past 15 years or so. Also Alberto has just completed a total refurbishment in the restaurant and outside as well,and i have to say this is the only bill that gives me great satisfaction to pay. Best wishes, Neil & Linda Martin and our massive family !

• Visited January 2013

London
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

In a world dominated by chain restaurants (Jamie's, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi etc etc), it's nice to find a family-owned restaurant with brilliant food and service. I'd much rather spend my money somewhere unique, where the actual owner comes out and talks to the customers. I had the sardines and steak and my friend had bruschetta and lasagna. The cheesecake in particular was delicious! Alberto was lovely and funny - I'll definitely go back!

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Bad service and need to learn how to cook italian food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This italian reataurant serves the worst italian food ive ever tasted. The food is basic and definately not what you expect from an italian restaurant. The staff were rude and the owner shouted at me when i ask to change my meal. It appears the owner has anger management issues that need addressing if he's to continue to keep his business going. One things for sure i wont be returning. Bad food, bad service, horrible customer service. The owner should be ashamed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
TankerfieldHouse, Owner at Alberto's, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Excellent customer service and excellent food is what Alberto's is all about. We specialise in catering for classy clientele (molte grazie for all your kind comments) who come to enjoy good food and wine, good company, and the thrill of Italian hospitality.

We wish this reviewer the best of luck for the future, and sincerely hope they find a dining establishment that suits them better.

Merry Christmas all :)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and an amusing host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I took my mum to Alberto's for a pre-Christmas lunch and the food was sensational.We both had pheasant (from the Gaddesden estate just up the road) which was tender,tasty, meaty and delicious.With its peaceful setting on Hemel's lovely old high street and Alberto's warm and very humorous welcome, I couldn't recommend this restaurant more highly.

Gubblecote, null, United Kingdom
“Superb lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

20 + of us arrived for a Xmas lunch get together, on a very tight group budget. How they do it I don't know. My lunch was delicious, soup with masses of good fresh bread and proper butter followed by chicken livers and rice. Couldn't have bettered the chicken livers. Sublime. All washed down with a good house red. Everybody enjoyed themselves immensely. I think Alberto's will have a few more regulars after that meal. A big thankyou to all the staff.