“Service more than could be expected.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aubrey Park Hotel

You added Aubrey Park Hotel to your Saves list
Aubrey Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hemel Hempstead Road | Redbourn, Hemel Hempstead AL3 7AF, England (Formerly Ramada Hemel Hempstead / St Albans)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Service more than could be expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel because of the facility to leave our car whilst flying on holiday out of Luton. The check in was very efficient and our room spotlessly clean, the only criticism was the shortage of tea / coffee and only one bath towel was provided. I am sure had we contacted reception they would have been supplied.

The hotel did however excel when, on our return to pick up our car we found we had a flat battery. We asked if they could help, initially they were unable to help but within a short time the receptionist came to us with a gentleman who was able to jump start us and see us on our way home.

We will certainly recommend this hotel to friends and if flying out of Luton will certainly use the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We first stayed last October and had such a lovely time we booked again for last Saturday 25th.. Again a lovely stay and very much enjoyed it.
we always take the best room 190 the family room which has a very large bed and sofa bed.. The sofa bed isn't great but you don't expect much from a sofa bed so we take turns in sleeping on it.

The only reason I didn't give a excellent review but a very good one is this stay the attention to detail wasn't as good as it should be for example the toilet roll wasn't refilled so we run out, not enough refreshments.. As we booked for 3 adults the room was just set for two so we had to ring for extra cup ect.
This didn't ruin our stay but thought I would mention it as for the price you except it to be spot on.

We was nearly over charged and if we hadn't of pulled the receptionist up on it we would have been charged £169 for the room which is far too much.
But she quickly corrected it and paid £139 which we was quoted and paid last time.

Overall we always have a lovely family time and the food is excellent in the restaurant.. Lovely menu.. The lamb was melt in your mouth, cooked to perfection and I did send my comments to the chef.

The staff all seemed happy to help and all friendly.

Maybe some low music in the bar of an evening would bring a atmosphere I felt.

We loved our stay and look forward to the next one.

Thanks!!

Stayed April 2015
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Hired the garden room for my wife's 60th birthday celebrations, also booked several rooms for family to stay over. Can't speak highly enough of the level of service we enjoyed, the rooms were lovely, very well decorated and of a very high standard overall. All the staff we came into contact with couldn't do enough to please and serve us etc. particular mention of the events coordinator, Beccie and the duty manager in charge on the Saturday evening, joe, such nice, efficient and professional people, was a pleasure to have met them. Just a brilliant experience, that's all! Well done to all the guys and girls at the Aubrey park hotel. Thank you all, for making my wife's birthday so special.

Room Tip: I booked seven rooms, all were of a very high standard, so can only assume they all would be
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the Aubrey many times and it has fast become one of my favourite hotels. The hotel itself has had a good makeover in the last couple of years and as a result all the public areas are of a high standard and the rooms are well appointed and comfortable.

The restaurant has always provided consistently good food albeit when you stay at a place with some regularity a more regular menu change would be good - this though is a minor point since the overall quality is excellent.

Staff are always very polite, friendly and professional and I would always choose this hotel over any of the others in the Hemel area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Two night stay on a deal. Room lovely, very comfy large bed, bathroom clean and fresh. included meal in restaurant on first night, was nice but not much choice. Breakfast was lovely, good choice of food. Staff on the whole were welcoming and helpful. Walked into redbourn second evening and ate at the cricketers. It's about a twenty minute easy walk but you will need a torch coming back. Visited St albans on Saturday, market day, but parking was easy. All in all a great little break!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Staff are inexperienced, I had a meal charged to my room that was suppose to be included in the family package. I had checked out and reception had confirmed that there was no monies left to pay, I was then chased out of reception with the receptionist shouting I owed money. This was so unprofessional, rude and embarrassing I was made to feel I was in the wrong, reception were not aware of the family packages the hotel offers I had to show them the email they had sent me.
The room was not suitable for 3 people it was too small, too warm and the bed was so uncomfortable. The facilities were designed for 2 people for example 2 cups between 3 people, 1 dressing gown between 3 people?????
The hotel offers family packages, but there are no options for children on the menu. We had breakfast booked for 2 days, on the second day we didn't bother to stay for breakfast as we were sick of the place by then.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my partner stayed here at the Aubrey Park Hotel and couldn't fault the place in any way. Lovely rooms, great staff and food was fantastic.
Ideal location to attend the Warner Bros. studio tour as well as travel to the town centre if you wish.
I would recommend staying here again if ever in the area again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Aubrey Park Hotel? Share your experiences!