“Afternoon Tea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aubrey Park Hotel

You added Aubrey Park Hotel to your Saves list
Aubrey Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hemel Hempstead Road | Redbourn, Hemel Hempstead AL3 7AF, England (Formerly Ramada Hemel Hempstead / St Albans)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Fabulous afternoon tea with a friend at this beautiful hotel, amazing staff and service. Food was presented to a high standard. Great value for money and will be returning in the future. Would highly recommend a visit to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My room was a good way away from reception, the furthest room they have I think, when I went for breakfast I left my wallet in my room, asked reception to put the breakfast on my room, they had,after all, taken a swipe of my card and pre authorised way in excess of the room cost, I think I was asked around another 17 times at the breakfast buffet to pay for breakfast, despite explaining the above several times! I left when they presented me with my bill for breakfast before I finished?
I just went to my room to get my wallet,I was shocked when the waitress was waiting in reception to check I paid for the food, and the receptionist was edgy like I was going to run off!
I spend around 100 nights a year in hotels, it was a good hotel, quiet, handy for M1, but the staff really need tuning in.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed on super-break deal . Visiting family . B&B plus dinner first night.
Comfortable clean room , good breakfast . Nice dinner . Staff on reception very friendly .
Pleasant stay. Good location just off M1

Room Tip: No tip our room was fine as most would be
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I use the hotel for business as a training venue due to its ideal location and the enthusiastic and professional staff - Rarely are we disappointed with the service and the restaurant never fails to impress, which is unusual for a hotel. Although close to some exceptional eateries I would not venture away from the hotel even with the St Albans and Harpenden close by. From the welcome smile you get at the reception to the quick and attentive bar staff I only wish I could find venues close to other major cities across the UK as accommodating. Larger hotels tend to loose the personal touch, but Aubrey Park has managed to keep this in mind with their customers.

Room Tip: The only thing worth remembering is if you are elderly or have any level of disability ask for a roo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed for a mid week 2 night stay and were pleasantly surprised. We don't stay in hotels very often as we prefer our own creature comforts however, we were greeted by friendly staff and found our room easily. Our room was a great size and the bed was very comfortable. The patio door leading us straight outside was great for letting in the breeze. We enjoyed our first meal as part of a deal and ate there on our second night also. The food was cooked and presented to a high standard. The price was very good.
Everywhere was clean and tidy. The gentleman who checked us out in the early hours was very pleasant.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Thanks to all the staff at the Aubrey Park for their friendly service after a disaster day. We were given a good three course buffet in the garden room as they had a Christmas Party in the main dining room. Very attentive manager saw we were all well fed, thanks David.

Lovely room, comfy beds and very clean. Only problem was my bath plug got stuck whilst I was having a shower so I had more of a shath stood in slightly cold water. I mentioned it to the receptionist and they made sure housekeeping would sort it out. I did manage to drain the bath a bit by putting a spoon handle under the plug!

Good buffet breakfast with lots of choice, lots of staff bringing tea and coffee and clearing tables.

Well located for St Albans and Warner Bros Harry Potter tour

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here as i was treating my girlfriend to a trip to Harry Potter Studio Tours (well worth a visit!). This was well situated for doing this and only a short drive to local towns to go out for food etc. The hotel itself was clean and modern and we received friendly service for the two nights we stayed. One small criticism was that the breakfast. The first morning we opted for breakfast in bed where you could choose the time it is brought to your room - This came 30mins earlier than planned which we were a bit unprepared for. Also the second morning we had a lay in but made sure we would down for breakfast in time. Breakfast was served until 1000 and we got downstairs for 0930 - The dining area was full of staff and basically closed as they had decided to set up for some conference that they had that day. This meant that we ended up having our breakfast in the bar area having to walk through reception with our food.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aubrey Park Hotel? Share your experiences!