“Very enjoyable meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
uk
“Very enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by friends that had used to live in the area. We were staying at an airport hotel and wanted somewhere good to eat. Despite being warned that it gets busy and we should book, we took the chance that if we arrived early evening we might be able to get a table.(it was a Saturday!).We were initially told that it was fully booked, but then the waitress did say she could accommodate as soon as the restaurant opened if we were prepared to leave by 8pm so the table could be used for another booking. Being a hungry family of 5 that needed an early night we were grateful for the offer! The staff were great and the food was fantastic as well as being very well presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal in the cosy pub atmosphere and would highly recommend.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Extremely Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

It has been some time since I last visited this restaurant. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The warm friendly welcome had gone. The restaurant lacked atmosphere. Food was ok but overpriced. Although one waiter was very helpful, the bar person/waitress was miserable. On hearing of our dissatisfaction the "owner" approached us but failed to accept any of our complaints were justified finally saying "we will have to agree to disagree". I will not be returning!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Wow totally amazing!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely faultless from the choice of wine to the deserts. Everything we had was superb, great tasting food in abundance and every ingredient was fresh and expertly presented.

I wouldn't look any further for a superb place to eat.

Norfolk
“FANTASTIC - two consecutive nights, two consecutive years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in Hatfield Heath with colleagues on a business trip for a few days this July and last July. On both stays we ate at The Thatchers on both nights, we were that impressed!

Food was fantastic, really tasty and beautifully presented. There was plenty of choice on the menu, all at good prices.

I enjoyed my meal that much, that I had exactly the same both nights!! – Steak followed by Sticky Toffee Crème Brulee with Toffee Banana (best dessert ever!!). They cooked the steak exactly to my liking (cremated) and catered on the second night when I asked for fries instead of the hand cut chips.

My colleagues also enjoyed the Steak, Pork Belly and Sea Bass. For dessert they had Profiteroles, Eton Mess and Chocolate Moose. We would thoroughly recommend all of them.

The staff were very friendly. If you sit inside they come and take your order from your table, but if you sit outside you will need to take your order in.

We visited on a Tuesday night and found the pub fairly full. On the Wednesday night it was bursting at the seams – great to see for a village pub and clearly shows just how good it is.

Well worth a visit if you’re in the area. We certainly intend on eating there again both nights for our business trip next July!

I have uploaded the pictures I took of the food.

• Visited July 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Amazing pub & restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great friendly pub/restaurant, were you are always made to feel welcome. Very popular with the locals. Has a wide range of very good quality wines, to cover everyone's tastes. As to food. The lunchtime 'chalk board' selection can vary from day to day, but the quality never does. and the value for money is excellent. As to the main menu, I have now visited a few times, for lunch and dinner, and the Angus Beefburger has to be one of the best I have had anywhere in the world.

• Visited July 2013